Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:59 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC99 View Post
San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City, Denver, Phoenix, Miami, Minneapolis, Chicago, Boston, New York, Honolulu.

Just curious - thanks!!
In order of friendliness. I've only been to Miami and New York and met SEVERAL people from L.A., Boston, Denver, and Chicago never been there. So I'll only rank these cities.

Chicago
L.A.
Miami
New York
Denver
Boston

For me. I've never met a person from Boston that I've got along with.
The rest of the cities I've listed have all had people who were friendly, at least down here in Florida anyway.
Chicago seems to be the only midwest city where people are a little nicer.

Everyone I've met from Minneapolis seems to have been an ******* but that's down here in Florida. Never been there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 01:22 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC99 View Post
Wow, you HAVE traveled a lot! So you also didn't find San Fran very friendly? I've heard it's supposed to be from people, but every time I've been there I've found the vibe a little...snooty?

Now now, dog-friendly cities are discussed in OTHER threads ;D
Yeah, IMO San Fran had a lot of stuck up people.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:24 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Is this from least friendly to most friendly, or most to least?

I know Boston is not considered that friendly so, but I would think Minneapolis might be the most friendly.
Most to least.

I actually found many Bostonians very nice.

Typically, in my experience, many colder cities have the most rude people.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:30 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,498,822 times
I've had the most proportionate unfriendly experiences in NYC easily, along with DC, however that doesn't stop me from going back there, and who knows if they were even *from* there. Most likely to see somebody go off on a tirade.

Service has always been good for the most part, and the local residents, police men, etc have always been super friendly to me. But when you are in public space, people are often rude/uncourteous there, it's like if it is public space, who cares, doesn't matter if it is on the subway, or sitting in a park or walking the street.

NYC has better customer service IMO than Chicago. I've seen so many straight up miserable people in Chicago working at Walgreens or something downtown, and I'm just like who took a dump on your head this morning? But the level of interaction on the streets is slower paced and more polite.

Another place that I have seen having bad service is Orlando... I think it must just be a high tourist thing, the people get tired of dealing with people.

Once you move out of the hectic streets and inside somewhere, it's generally great though.

The city is so packed you are just bound to have odd encounters.

Probably the nicest and most polite generally warm vibe I've experienced out of those was in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City