Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best climate/weather?
San Diego, CA 39 57.35%
Honolulu, HI 23 33.82%
Miami, FL 6 8.82%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 10:20 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehunter007 View Post
Agree, this is another thread to get the tourists to stop going to south Florida in winter and give some business to San Diego and Honolulu - lol.

I've been to all three....

....San Diego gets way colder than Miami in winter, and the ocean is freeeeeeeeeeezing. So far it has only fallen to 56 F in Miami....but it has already fallen to 41 F in San Diego ( the low last year fell to 31 F in San Deigo). So San Diego is out becasue it's way too cold in winter. Also, it rains in the winter in SOCAL and even spring is cool and gloomy on the coast of CA (May Gray, June Gloom)...etc. Summers are nice in San Diego - but, the ocean is still way to cold to enjoy it. Also, the beaches are crowed and dirty compared to Florida and Hawaii.

...Miami has sunny and great weather ALL YEAR. Yes, it gets hot and humid in Miami in summer, but that's why it's nice, it feels like the tropics! Winter is perfect, highs in the upper 70's, lows in the 50's and 60's. The ocean is like 75 F in mid winter (compared to 58 F in San Diego - lol), and the palms are as nice as the south American woman.

...I like Honolulu...but why travel thousands of miles when it's only about 3 F warmer than Miami?. Hawaii is nice, with all the South Pacific vibe, but you get what's know as "rock fever", sicne your trapped on an island 1000 miles from nowhere.

So Miami wins.

I've been to all three ...and in the end South Florida has it all:

Miami, Port, Las Olas, Ft. Lauderdale Beach Ride - YouTube

South Beach, Miami - riding on the boardwalk along South Beach - YouTube
This thread was not intended to bring tourists to SoCal instead of SoFla. And actually, I think Honolulu gets as much, if not MORE, tourism than SoFla. Anyways, I love SoFla, but to say it has it all, and that the only differnece is a few degrees cooler in SoFla, is not true. Hawaii has the coastal scenery and waves like CA, but the lushness and clear, warm water like FL. It's the perfect combo between the two. CA is very dry, so you don't really get that green, tropical feel like SoFla. SoFla, while green and lush, has NO topography, so the landscape will get really boring to some people, unless (like me) you think the marshes are pretty, and even still. I'd say Hawaii has it all, but that cities like San Diego and Miami are still worth visiting and spending vacations in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 10:14 PM

778 posts, read 997,583 times
SD/Honolulu > Miami.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:34 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
San Diego:
Honolulu:

Miami:

Moderator cut: copyright violation

Last edited by Marka; 10-26-2013 at 02:41 AM..

Old 01-04-2014, 02:54 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,452,972 times
San Diego easily. The other two are way too hot.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Miami and Honulu are pretty similar, except for the occasional cold front that Florida gets (we have one going on right now here as a matter of fact) and Miami can get more humid in the summer. It also rains more.

Never been to San Diego, but I have been n to LA so I imagine it's similar. A dry heat. I actually prefer tropical weather, which means I prefer it more humid, so I vote Miami. Just because I live in Florida and am a little biased lol. But all the places lishave good weather.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:32 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,471,837 times
I prefer, moderate humidity, but since ive lived in Los Angeles for a long time ive come to like dry heat also.

I vote honolulu weather, its the warmest out of all 3, not to humid though.

You should have included LA weather (my vote) (I did not vote San Diego b/c its too cool IMO), I like it slightly better than honolulu b/c im already used to it, Honolulu winters are the ones I really love, in the 80s, as opposed to LA's in the 70s, spring/ fall I have no favorite both are in the 80s, and summer i like Hohnolulu's 90s with humidity, i also like LA's summer (90s with dry heat) but the dryness burns the skin worse than humidity of Honolulu.

Old 01-04-2014, 05:37 PM

546 posts, read 817,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Miami and Honulu are pretty similar, except for the occasional cold front that Florida gets (we have one going on right now here as a matter of fact) and Miami can get more humid in the summer. It also rains more.

Never been to San Diego, but I have been n to LA so I imagine it's similar. A dry heat. I actually prefer tropical weather, which means I prefer it more humid, so I vote Miami. Just because I live in Florida and am a little biased lol. But all the places lishave good weather.

My vote of the three goes to Honolulu (above SD and Miami). i have been to all three.

Miami and Honolulu are significantly different in that Honolulu is far more pleasant, in my opinion.

Honolulu has consisently warmer (pleasant) winters, far more pleasant summers (trade winds/less humidity) and far less rain than Miami (something like 25 inches vs. 55 inches per year).

No contest for me: Honolulu is the best of the three.

My second choice:
San Diego (summers)
Miami (winter)

Old 01-05-2014, 12:59 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
You should have included LA weather (my vote) (I did not vote San Diego b/c its too cool IMO).
LA and San Diego have pretty much identical weather.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:44 AM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMersh View Post
My vote of the three goes to Honolulu (above SD and Miami). i have been to all three.

Miami and Honolulu are significantly different in that Honolulu is far more pleasant, in my opinion.

Honolulu has consisently warmer (pleasant) winters, far more pleasant summers (trade winds/less humidity) and far less rain than Miami (something like 25 inches vs. 55 inches per year).

No contest for me: Honolulu is the best of the three.

My second choice:
San Diego (summers)
Miami (winter)
Not that I'm saying your opinion is wrong, but Miami also has trade winds. All the coastal parts of Florida do. They come up from the Caribbean, you just won't be able to feel them if you go inland.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:16 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,471,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
LA and San Diego have pretty much identical weather.
LA is hotter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City