Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 11:03 PM

24 posts, read 35,346 times

Advertisements

Did a search of just 'West Coast vs New England' , titles only.
Got back, 'Sorry - no matches or filtered words used in the search query. Please try some different terms.'

So, as far as acres of public lands.
And, cost of living / salaries (specifically teaching, if at all possible)
Finally, are they both relatively safe for kids?

How would you compare the two?
Sorry to bombard you with tedious questions.
I've been researching metro areas and cities (and travelling) for going on 20 years.
Just wondering what other researchers and travelers have experienced and found online.

Me and my wife are not really political. Slight, disillusioned lefties.
More of a keep-it-to-yourself philosophy for both sides. Why Medford (as an up-and-coming place) appealed to me, mainly.
Wife is kind of non-committal. She's the teacher, I'm the sad sack still in college...

Thanks, I'll be checking on this thread periodically!
Really wish they'd publish those Cities Rated books again!!
Anyways, look forward to whatever new information anyone might have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,416,193 times
What I love about New England is the sense of history and all the small towns and older homes. I would personally probably choose ME or VT over the Medford area. Medford has really hot summers. ME & VT will have much colder winters, but better summers IMO. ME and VT have 4 distinct seasons that are prettier. There is a lot more closer to VT & ME (Boston, NH cities, Montreal, NYC). Southern OR is very pretty for sure (OR Coast, Rogue River, Crater Lake), but I just like the NE countryside better. much more quaint. A lot of the towns in SO OR have this kind of poor rural blue collar feel to it and doesn't have the handsome small towns and beautiful historic houses NE does. Much nicer recreational lakes in VT and ME too. And So OR is just not really close to anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City