Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta Vs. Sacramento
Atlanta 58 69.88%
Sacramento 25 30.12%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,084,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I'm curious as to why you even made this thread to begin with. It seems you were never serious about Sacramento, and such an odd comparison other than housing prices. Seems like you never took the attributes about Sacramento seriously and never really cared; it was all about how great Atlanta is.

The Atlanta metro is a huge corporate powerhouse, the premier city of the Southeast. Sacramento is a medium size, state gov't town, with several other metro's larger and more interesting than it in the west. Still don't get the comparison.
I have friend who settled in Atlanta almost 15yrs ago and she still hates it, a long standing relationship keeps her there. She's originally from Florida by way of New York. Anyway, I've visited Atlanta several times over the years and I know of Atlanta's attributes, yet there are so some many other metros of comparable size I prefer like Los Angeles, SF Bay Area, Houston, Dallas, Miami, all more interesting, IMHO. Good luck in Atlanta!
In case you're confused, I answered your first question in the original post. I gave all the reasons we were considering BOTH cities, again...in the original post.

I agree with the other comment that it seems as if you're mad or disappointed Sac wasn't chosen in this thread by me and 67% of others. As I stated before, every single person we met there, whether black/white, entrepreneur/employee, Southerner/Northerner, OTP/ITP, young/old....every single person lauded Atlanta for all the city encompasses. So I can't understand your friend who hates it. In any case, it definitely seems to be that you and her are the minority in your opinion about Atlanta.

I've been to just about every city you mentioned as "more interesting" than Atlanta, and I have to ask if you're JOKING

L.A. is possibly the most overrated, overcrowded, plastic city I've ever been to...and that's where my family is! Houston/Dallas...are you serious? You couldn't have been to either. SF and Miami, I've never been to, but from my business partner's trip to the Bay, I surmise that the Bay Area's topography and weather are great WITH the proximity to so many other destinations that offer so much. I said that before by the way...Oh and Miami? No thanks.

Lastly, I hope now, as not before, you understand fully why I started this thread and also why WE chose Atlanta to be the best place for OUR FAMILY. No on'es forcing you to come with

Atlanta's an awesome city PERIOD!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Houston more interesting than Atlanta? LOL...you just seem mad that they never took Sacromento seriously, so now you rag on Atlanta by saying you prefer other metros over it.

I get Miami, SF, LA, and even Dallas, but Houston? Omg....that's why Atlanta was voted as the 2nd most liked city in the south 2nd to New Orleans in a thread made on here not too long ago.

Atlanta was also voted the most overrated city in the country.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Dude, you obviously don't want to respond to my question - why the comparison with Sacramento? If you spend anytime across the country in the other big cities and metros I mentioned, you will see that Atlanta is nothing special, for the money it goes a long way, but it will never have an ocean, large mountains, or a waterfront, (large river, or lake) nearby, like Chicago, LA, NY, Boston, Miami, New Orleans, SF, SD, St. Louis, even Denver has large mtns an hour away.......although Atlanta with it's trees, and hills is much more beautiful than Denver
With this comment you've made it beyond obvious that you're just uber partial to waterfronts. And that's cool...for YOU

Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,263,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHVtoATL View Post
In case you're confused, I answered your first question in the original post. I gave all the reasons we were considering BOTH cities, again...in the original post.
I don't think you ever were seriously considering Sacramento.

Quote:
So I can't understand your friend who hates it. In any case, it definitely seems to be that you and her are the minority in your opinion about Atlanta.
My friend who lives has lived in Atlanta for almost 15yrs hates it. I don't hate it, I just don't think it's anything special.

Quote:
I've been to just about every city you mentioned as "more interesting" than Atlanta, and I have to ask if you're JOKING
No, I am not joking -- about Houston and Dallas. Yes, you are right about the SF Bay Area.

Quote:
Atlanta's an awesome city PERIOD!
Nothing special about Atlanta.....if you recall, I said Good Luck to you in Atlanta.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Nothing special about Atlanta??? Hard to take you serious when so many people in this thread alone disagree with you. Note the poll results...

Now if Atlanta isn't YOUR style, being that its not on the coast and all, then SAY THAT. But don't assert your opinion, which is clearly among the minority, as a fact...

Good luck to you in SacTown....aaaaand with trying to keep your basketball team

Old 04-09-2013, 08:17 PM

6,885 posts, read 8,263,485 times
Quote:
Nothing special about Atlanta??? Hard to take you serious when so many people in this thread alone disagree with you. Note the poll results...

Now if Atlanta isn't YOUR style, being that its not on the coast and all, then SAY THAT. But don't assert your opinion, which is clearly among the minority, as a fact...

Good luck to you in SacTown....aaaaand with trying to keep your basketball team
Yes, I repeat nothing special about Atlanta, the poll shows that they preferred Atlanta over Sacramento not that Atlanta was so great.

Yes, you are right I prefer cities that have some type of major waterfront; either a beach, bay, river, lake, ocean, and with reasonable driving access to large alpine mountains (over 6,000 ft)

I had several opinions. Which ones are you referring that Houston and Dallas are better than Atlanta, or that Sacramento has better access to ocean and real large mountains than Atlanta?

I still think you were never serious about Sacramento; you wanted to make a poll to show "how great Atlanta is" and choose Sacramento fully knowing that Sacramento wouldn't win that poll.

If Sacramento loses it's one and only major league sports; it will be very sad. Mostly a product of Sacramento not having a large corporate base, and Sacramentans refusing to raise our taxes for an arena.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:21 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,130,036 times
I agree...why was this thread made...Atlanta obviously stomps on Sacromento anyday...it's like comparing NYC to Atlanta. They simply don't compare.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I agree...why was this thread made...Atlanta obviously stomps on Sacromento anyday...it's like comparing NYC to Atlanta. They simply don't compare.
Unlike most posters who compare cities based on size or brand recognition, I compared A-Town and Sactown based on the fact that my wife and I dwindled our choices for relocation down to those 2....for reasons listed in the original post.

I was clearly unbiased, but after our trip to Atlanta and my business partner's trip to Sacramento, ATL wins hands down

Old 04-10-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Yes, I repeat nothing special about Atlanta, the poll shows that they preferred Atlanta over Sacramento not that Atlanta was so great.

Yes, you are right I prefer cities that have some type of major waterfront; either a beach, bay, river, lake, ocean, and with reasonable driving access to large alpine mountains (over 6,000 ft)

I had several opinions. Which ones are you referring that Houston and Dallas are better than Atlanta, or that Sacramento has better access to ocean and real large mountains than Atlanta?

I still think you were never serious about Sacramento; you wanted to make a poll to show "how great Atlanta is" and choose Sacramento fully knowing that Sacramento wouldn't win that poll.

If Sacramento loses it's one and only major league sports; it will be very sad. Mostly a product of Sacramento not having a large corporate base, and Sacramentans refusing to raise our taxes for an arena.
There is so much evidence that refutes your claims that "Atlanta is nothing special"...at this point you just sound silly. You also keep reiterating that you think I was "never serious about Sacramento", when again I keep showing you how you're wrong. Your OPINION about Atlanta represents a small few, which is irrefutably shown even though you keep trying to refute it.

Had I known you were so delusionally dogmatic, I would have never responded to your question in the first place. At this point, I don't even know why you keep posting. I've made it clear that I'm moving my family to Atlanta because we love it there! Its almost as if you think by posting how mediocre Sacramento is or how much YOU and your friend don't like Atlanta or how much you don't think I seriously considered Sacramento, somehow you'll change my mind Yea I know, go ahead and say you don't care where we move...I'm just telling you how you're coming across

Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,421 times
Sac-Town
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City