Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City Hold The Diva Title
Houston 31 13.78%
Los Angeles 47 20.89%
NYC 56 24.89%
Atlanta 29 12.89%
Dallas 42 18.67%
Miami 9 4.00%
Chicago 11 4.89%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,893,703 times

Advertisements

I believe that Los Angeles,Atlanta,NYC and Dallas not including Funky Town are diva cities.

L.A.-is stuck on the fame/hollywood style of life which makes them better

Atlanta- is a city that think that it is becoming king of the south and the country and no other city is better lol!

Houston-is a city with great jobs but still thinks because it is the fourth largest city in the country that it should get some attention in the spotlight!

NYC-is a city that think because it is the largest that it automatically make it better.

My question to C-D is what cities are divas to you?

Last edited by dee936; 03-28-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,666,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
I believe that Los Angeles,Atlanta,NYC and Dallas not including Funky Town are diva cities.

L.A.-is stuck on the fame/hollywood style of life which makes them better

Atlanta- is a city that think that it is becoming king of the south and the country and no other city is better lol!

Houston-is a city with great jobs but still thinks because it is the fourth largest city in the country that it should get some attention in the spotlight!

NYC-is a city that think because it is the largest that it automatically make it better.

My question to C-D is what cities are divas to you?
L.A. is the movie capital of the United States, that's plenty of bragging rights for the city, plus everything else it offers.

Atlanta, while I see what you're saying, does deserve some credit for what's offered there and what they offer to the South.

Houston has shown tremendous growth population wise and job wise, so it definitely should be in the spotlight.

NYC obviously trumps any other city in the country, if not the world and I think that's obvious to anyone.

Even though all of these cities deserve their mark, I would say out of these, Atlanta would be a "diva."

Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,631,157 times
Oh no.

Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,126,264 times
Based on C-D, it'd be Houston, Dallas or Atlanta (with New York, but that kind of goes without saying, and unlike the others it has the right to brag a bit). I don't know which is the most out of those three, but if I had to narrow down the list I'd try to eliminate a Texas city, so I'll exclude Dallas from the list, leavig only Houston vs. Atlanta. I can't pick -- too close to call!

Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 PM

1,473 posts, read 2,137,775 times
If you think Houston is a diva you have never actually been to Houston. have you ? Even NYer are more humble than I thought when I first went up north. New jersery people How ever..lol

Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth713 View Post
If you think Houston is a diva you have never actually been to Houston. have you ? Even NYer are more humble than I thought when I first went up north. New jersery people How ever..lol
Really lol

Old 03-29-2013, 12:13 AM

183 posts, read 296,505 times
Every city on this list deserves to be stuck on themselves IMO,
LA is an amazing city like no other in the US, where else can you hit the beach, ski, then go chill in the desert in the same city. Nearly perfect weather, palm trees, beautiful mountains in the distance, fun interesting neighborhoods, open minded population, great party scene, they have great, chilled hip hop festivals. Besides the high cost of living and traffic, what's there not to like about that place. And contrary to popular belief, open jobs are definitely there in LA.

Houston has one big thing..that is JOBS!!! It also has a cheap cost of living to go along with that and all of the big city amenities to keep one entertained and happy. Plus it seems so chilled there. But just like I said, they have a right to want attention, they have JOBS JOBS JOBS!!!!

Dallas, I don't know too much about, but like Houston, they have a booming economy and a cheap COL. That alone allows them to be stuck on themselves as well.

Chicago has a major transit system, awesome walkable neighborhoods, a beautiful lake with beaches, and one of the best downtowns in the country. Chicago has got to be one of the cheapest cities with a dense urban environment and a world class mass transit system. Only negative, is that cold...I'd hate to deal with that every winter, but other than, what is there not to like about living in a fairly affordable, world class, urban city.

NYC is NYC..nuff said lol..no other city comes close to it

Atlanta is is the economic engine of the region. Hell, its by far the largest city in a 500 mile radius lol. The closest city that can halfway talk s*** is Charlotte and thats still a 3 1/2 hr to 4 hr drive..Many fortune 500 companies are located here and its a major logistics hub. It has the only heavy rail in the south besides Miami and there are plenty of new things coming to the city. Atlanta also has some of the coolest little neighborhoods in the south and also...as I'm out and about, I see PLENTY of AL, MS, TN, SC and south GA plates..obviously something is attracting them here..so yeah, ATL is king of the south hands down..Miami is too far south and Dallas & Houston are too far west.

Lastly, Miami, no other city has that latin flavor found in Miami. Then you have the ultimate beach there, South Beach which is hands down the best Beach/party district in the country and you STILL have Ft. Lauderdale nearby which puts the icing on the cake. People from all over the world flock there to have a good time and Miami Beach also is IMO one of the best urban areas in the country. Miami Beach, where South Beach of course is one of my fav walkable areas in the US..it has something that none of the others have here...WARM WEATHER ALL YEAR!!!! Everything from your grocery stores, bars, clothing stores, etc are all in walking distance from the residences. You have beautiful women, blue waters, REAL palm trees, plenty of things to do, proximity to the Caribbean, plus several others make Miami a city to have a right to be stuck on itself. Miami is also a MAJOR international finance center.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:53 AM

210 posts, read 302,840 times
I went with LA.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 AM

644 posts, read 1,423,914 times
I agree all of these cities have a right to brag about certain things. And Atlanta is the king of the south. I did however vote for Atlanta simply because when I saw diva and Atlanta together I thought Mariah Carey

Old 03-29-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
I agree all of these cities have a right to brag about certain things. And Atlanta is the king of the south. I did however vote for Atlanta simply because when I saw diva and Atlanta together I thought Mariah Carey
This is so so funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City