Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:45 PM

580 posts, read 1,180,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Charlotte is not even in San Antonio league and not even in its next door neighbor of Austin league . The Corridor is the San Antonio/Austin area which has over 4.4 million and becoming a monster. Charlotte does have a nice downtown and rail system but outside the area it is as country and boring as any hick town in the mountains. Asheville is the hip city in the region.
Exactly, this is what these people do not realize. Austin and SA are a packaged deal, SA IMO alone beats Charlotte

And at Mutiny, 2 Charlotte posters are over zealous? I'm counting 7-10, worst posters in this site. It's obvious they gave never left the southeast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
Charlotte is not even in San Antonio league and not even in its next door neighbor of Austin league . The Corridor is the San Antonio/Austin area which has over 4.4 million and becoming a monster. Charlotte does have a nice downtown and rail system but outside the area it is as country and boring as any hick town in the mountains. Asheville is the hip city in the region.
Charlotte is three tiers above San Antonio.
Global city - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

San Antonio is in the Texas Triangle, not corridor. Which consists of Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston. You cannot put San Antonio and Austin as one sole city, which means you can't add their populations, smart one.

That does not make San Antonio in a different league, nor more important, as Charlotte is in the Piedmont Atlantic.

If you base city preferences over which has more amusement parks, so be it. This isn't the thread to boast in.

I'm sure anyone with the slightest level of intelligence would know Charlotte is obviously ahead of San Antonio.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:55 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Exactly, this is what these people do not realize. Austin and SA are a packaged deal, SA IMO alone beats Charlotte

And at Mutiny, 2 Charlotte posters are over zealous? I'm counting 7-10, worst posters in this site. It's obvious they gave never left the southeast.
Just because a person defends Charlotte doesn't make them overzealous you know. Smh...

Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Just because a person defends Charlotte doesn't make them overzealous you know. Smh...
There is a difference between defending and boosting, Charlotte posters act as if they gave never left the Carolina's.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,308 times
Quote:
There is a difference between defending and boosting, Charlotte posters act as if they gave never left the Carolina's.
There is also a difference between having a biased opinion and facts. You've never even been to the Carolina's, so making hypocritical comments aren't the best choice for ya.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
That's not true of the majority of the Charlotteans who post here. You're being very disingenuous right about now and I think you know that.

At any rate, the OP made his/her decision. Let it be.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Wow, you actually managed to pay Charlotte a compliment. Kudos to you.

And Asheville is no different than Charlotte in this regard--as a matter of fact, it's probably more "country" and "boring" outside of the area than Charlotte.

Charlotte and San Antonio are peers--as well as Charlotte and Austin. Charlotte's MSA is larger and it has more F500 companies than both.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
There is also a difference between having a biased opinion and facts. You've never even been to the Carolina's, so making hypocritical comments aren't the best choice for ya.
And your opinion is as biased as they come parading around acting as if Charlotte is amazing, it's truly the definition of a hick town. Again, I have lived in that so called city of Charlotte. I dealt with the country accents, pollen everywhere, hot weather, low quality shopping and nightlife, pick up trucks everywhere, their college football obsession, people who can't drive on 77 without crashing, people who refuse to use blinkers when driving from their bubba ways, etc.

Quote:
That's not true of the majority of the Charlotteans who post here. You're being very disingenuous right about now and I think you know that.

At any rate, the OP made his/her decision. Let it be.
Have you ever lived anywhere besides, GA, SC, NC? I doubt it. And I post where I choose and am a grown man Akhenaton, I don't need your permission.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Have you ever lived anywhere besides, GA, SC, NC? I doubt it.
No I haven't, but that's irrelevant; I've visited many other places and am quite objective as it regards Charlotte. There are people who have lived in more places than me but their overall depth of knowledge is pretty shallow, geographically speaking.

Quote:
And I post where I choose and am a grown man Akhenaton, I don't need your permission.
I never said you couldn't post here and I never said you weren't grown, so what's that all about?

Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
No I haven't, but that's irrelevant; I've visited many other places and am quite objective as it regards Charlotte.

I never said you couldn't post here and I never said you weren't grown, so what's that all about?
No, it's not irrelevant. Not to be rude but the fact you are from GA, SC, NC and the southeast in general shows in your posts.

Because you told me "let it be" acting as if I can't post in this thread or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City