Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better for urban living?
Cincinnati 49 44.14%
St. Louis 62 55.86%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:18 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,674,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
You should check your facts:
March 2012 - Released March 28th. Again, you knew that as it's been brought to your attention before to use current data and not data from 7 months prior.
I think most people would call that type of thing intentionally misleading at best...

Btw, just to reiterate, my comments about the economies were for an entire decade, I didn't cherry pick one month to make one city look better than the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,213,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msamhunter View Post
Point out exactly where I've said that. BTW your link as I've told you numerous times is out of date. Bizjournals releases that list every month. You are purposely using old data.
you said that in another post

Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
I think most people would call that type of thing intentionally misleading at best...

Btw, just to reiterate, my comments about the economies were for an entire decade, I didn't cherry pick one month to make one city look better than the other.
These change every month, how about you focus on your boosters saying st. louis downtown is growing faster or what wont respond to that? When is the next one coming out?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM

September standing
Oklahoma City leads heartland's sweep of Economic Index - The Business Journals
October Standing
On Numbers Economic Index: October 2012 - The Business Journals
November Standing
Oklahoma City goes 4-for-4 in national economic rankings - The Business Journals
December Standing
Austin pushes past Oklahoma City to lead monthly economic rankings - The Business Journals
January Standing
Oklahoma City pops back to No. 1 slot in economic rankings - The Business Journals
February standing.
February 2013 standings for On Numbers Economic Index - The Business Journals
March Standing.
It does seem a little strange that cincinnati was in the top 15-20 but then all of a sudden it goes down up 50 spaces but i guess i will just wait for the next month to come out. Oycumber i didnt pick a certain one here are all of them, 1 out of the seven st. louis beat cincinnati....you still mad oycumber whats you excuse now?

Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,748,093 times
Has anybody checked the poll lately? St. Louis is a good 6 points ahead. HAHAHA!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
September standing
Oklahoma City leads heartland's sweep of Economic Index - The Business Journals
October Standing
On Numbers Economic Index: October 2012 - The Business Journals
November Standing
Oklahoma City goes 4-for-4 in national economic rankings - The Business Journals
December Standing
Austin pushes past Oklahoma City to lead monthly economic rankings - The Business Journals
January Standing
Oklahoma City pops back to No. 1 slot in economic rankings - The Business Journals
February standing.
February 2013 standings for On Numbers Economic Index - The Business Journals
March Standing.
It does seem a little strange that cincinnati was in the top 15-20 but then all of a sudden it goes down up 50 spaces but i guess i will just wait for the next month to come out. Oycumber i didnt pick a certain one here are all of them, 1 out of the seven st. louis beat cincinnati....you still mad oycumber whats you excuse now?
Excuse for what? Your posts barely make sense. What part of my not having any sort of skin in this game do you not understand? You seem to have a really difficult time with reading and understanding what other people are saying and I don't have any responsibility to help you.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Excuse for what? Your posts barely make sense. What part of my not having any sort of skin in this game do you not understand? You seem to have a really difficult time with reading or understanding what other people are saying and I don't have any responsibility to help you.
i understand everything, you clearly said i purposely picked one article to show cincinnati was ahead of st. louis now i am showing you six sources where cincinnati is ahead of st. louis. Now your saying my posts dont make sense geez give me a break.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn10am View Post
Has anybody checked the poll lately? St. Louis is a good 6 points ahead. HAHAHA!
Congratulationsyou officially won against Cincinnati, wrong cincinnati is doing financially, economically and better in downtowns.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM

JMT are you mad at me?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,371,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
i understand everything, you clearly said i purposely picked one article to show cincinnati was ahead of st. louis now i am showing you six sources where cincinnati is ahead of st. louis. Now your saying my posts dont make sense geez give me a break.
Well, obviously not, since you just confused me with someone else since I haven't said anything about you and that article. It was another user that said you were cherrypicking (and doing pretty poorly since you chose an article that switched the rankings between Cincinnati and St. Louis in recent months and seems to shift rankings monthly pretty dramatically).

Anyhow, this isn't fun or interesting.

Does any natives of either place have sort of man-on-the-street pictures of the urban/livable parts? Maybe it'd be interesting for people to post pictures and descriptions of one neighborhood of one city and then residents of the other would post pictures and descriptions of a neighborhood of the other city which most closely matches. We'd be able to compare the two cities better and chances are we'd all probably see how much the two cities have in common with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City