Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better for urban living?
Cincinnati 49 44.14%
St. Louis 62 55.86%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 AM

4,479 posts, read 6,231,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_New View Post
Born and raised in good old Cincinnati and I'm a recent grad of UC.
HA!! You're a recent grad from UC? Ok, let me start calling you Junior then. I'm twice your age and have a step son who is most likely older than you. I had you pegged correct from the beginning. Prob. just barely old enough to get into any of the places you mentioned. BTW - places I frequent. I've lived all over the country, including NYC and LA. You've probably never lived anywhere outside Cincinnati, so you can quit trying to act more experienced than you are. So basically, you just graduated from Clifton house parties and pretend to be in the know. I'm old enough to be your father, and who knows?

I'm done with you kid. I'm getting back on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,467,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
HA!! You're a recent grad from UC? Ok, let me start calling you Junior then. I'm twice your age and have a step son who is most likely older than you. I had you pegged correct from the beginning. Prob. just barely old enough to get into any of the places you mentioned. BTW - places I frequent. I've lived all over the country, including NYC and LA. You've probably never lived anywhere outside Cincinnati, so you can quit trying to act more experienced than you are. So basically, you just graduated from Clifton house parties and pretend to be in the know. I'm old enough to be your father, and who knows?

I'm done with you kid. I'm getting back on topic.
No kidding. That guy sounds like the exact opposite of someone I'd want to hang around. And some of the best bars are dive bars, including my very favorite bar where I've met some of my best friends. Who wants to go to some dbag place full of bros with horrific thump-thump music blaring from some obnoxious deejay and pay $5 for a beer from a bartender who couldn't care less about you? Pass.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,020,675 times
I'm bemused that our newcomer, "J_New," (who professes to have grown up in Cincinnati and claims to know it so well) hasn't revealed why he harbors such disdain for the city. Maybe a jilted lover or a partner, perhaps...who knows? But, for now, this Urban-Cowboy/Man-About-Town has certainly positioned the Queen City in his gun sights. Too bad he doesn't extend a similar insight towards STL--thus returning this thread to its original intent.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Do you call this upscale?

Doesn't seem very upscale. The last picture definitely doesn't look really upscale. I really think these pictures do a huge disservice to Cincinnati which is better than what's being shown here.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Doesn't seem very upscale. The last picture definitely doesn't look really upscale. I really think these pictures do a huge disservice to Cincinnati which is better than what's being shown here.
The pictures were kind of bad...but cincinnati does have upscale things...

Old 04-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Who knows how old the pics are. I think Fountain Square renovations were complete in 2005. Those are the old Fountain Square.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Who knows how old the pics are. I think Fountain Square renovations were complete in 2005. Those are the old Fountain Square.
Yea, I know. I think posting pictures that make Cincinnati look bad is bad. That's all.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Yea, I know. I think posting pictures that make Cincinnati look bad is bad. That's all.
I totally agree.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:04 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,185 times
Quote:
I totally agree.
here is a better picture

Old 04-11-2013, 05:11 PM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
I'm bemused that our newcomer, "J_New," (who professes to have grown up in Cincinnati and claims to know it so well) hasn't revealed why he harbors such disdain for the city. Maybe a jilted lover or a partner, perhaps...who knows? But, for now, this Urban-Cowboy/Man-About-Town has certainly positioned the Queen City in his gun sights. Too bad he doesn't extend a similar insight towards STL--thus returning this thread to its original intent.
Hey! Just because he's ignorant/biased against Cincy doesen't mean he should be biased against St. Louis too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City