Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
is it possible, people just didn't want to speak to you?
Hey! What happened to "Minnesota nice???"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,809,098 times
Hockey trumps Minnesota nice.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
He ran out of bullets...... so instead of reloading, he just pulled a different gun. Typical.
Haha it was a joke because you make it seem as though sports are the only thing that matter in Michigan. You guys are not the best sports town as Minnesota (Twin Cities) is bigger into hockey and baseball than Michigan (Detroit).

Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawfiqmp View Post
Definitely. Can include Philly and NYC both with those two.
Also throw in Pittsburgh.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Haha it was a joke because you make it seem as though sports are the only thing that matter in Michigan. You guys are not the best sports town as Minnesota (Twin Cities) is bigger into hockey and baseball than Michigan (Detroit).
You just lost any credibility you had saying the TC's are a better baseball town than Detroit. You got carried away, and now you must pay by means of the humiliation this atrocity will bring. I suggest you stand down.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,930 times
Quote:
You just lost any credibility you had saying the TC's are a better baseball town than Detroit. You got carried away, and now you must pay by means of the humiliation this atrocity will bring. I suggest you stand down.

TC is a much bigger baseball area. Let me know when Detroit produces talent like Mauer, Winfield, and Molitor. Also the support for the Twins during down years is much better than support for the Tigers.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
what, no CAPs or exclamation marks?

Old 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
TC is a much bigger baseball area. Let me know when Detroit produces talent like Mauer, Winfield, and Molitor. Also the support for the Twins during down years is much better than support for the Tigers.
MLB players born in:

Michigan 420
Minnesota 160

Source: Baseball Almanac

You fool.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 PM

302 posts, read 769,087 times
Ehh, I don't know about Detroit vs Minneapolis-St. Paul in hockey, but here in the Upper Peninsula Hockey (mostly local) is basically the only sport that matters. We ARE right next to Canada, though.
As for sports in Michigan as a whole, I'd say Football dominates with the Lions, (Packers in the Western UP) plus college football Michigan and Michigan State. The Red Wings and Tigers are pretty important too, though I'd say nobody ever talks about the Pistons unless they are doing really well.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:06 PM

1 posts, read 798 times
None of you have a clue. Minnesota is King for sure, but Michigan is #2. Lets look at hockey as a whole, AA youth hockey, go through rankings and it's littered with Michigan teams at the top. AAA, Honeybaked, Little Ceasars, Belle Tire, Compuware...wether U18, U16, U14, Michigan teams are at the top, right there with Shattuck (which is kids from all over anyway). The big difference is High School. Michigan does not seperate AAA seasons with HS thus HS hockey in Michigan is pretty much Cathoilic League, UP, and some public schools, varying year to year. Regardless, the better players play AAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City