Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather live in?
Phoenix, Arizona 33 27.50%
Atlanta, Georgia 60 50.00%
Orlando, Florida 27 22.50%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 08:32 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,052,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Once again,another assumption.I never said I disliked Phoenix.I just prefer Atlanta.If you really have been to Atlanta you would know how diverse it really is.You would also know that like other posters have pointed out,that it is much more cosmopolitan than what you portray.Which is overall the main reason I prefer Atlanta.
Its a bigger city with more amenities.
1.A subway that I routinely use.Its the reason Id rather live in the city than fight traffic.
Poor picture selection. Is standing in a mass of people supposed to be more appealing than sitting in traffic?

Anyway, when I lived in Atlanta I only used MARTA occasionally for sporting events and the airport. Many corporations are located in the suburbs. It's not expansive enough to live without a car for most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 10:58 AM

5 posts, read 6,353 times
It not about denigrating Atlanta cause I love my city I'm born and raise their but its one of those city after u get up in age time to move on Atlanta is nothing more then a party city that's it 80% of that city party party party and I didn't have to move half way around the world I've live in LA Cali in MIAMI and in HOUSTON but Phox won me over

Old 10-11-2013, 12:13 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabegee View Post
It not about denigrating Atlanta cause I love my city I'm born and raise their but its one of those city after u get up in age time to move on Atlanta is nothing more then a party city that's it 80% of that city party party party and I didn't have to move half way around the world I've live in LA Cali in MIAMI and in HOUSTON but Phox won me over
OK, fine. Have a lollipop.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:04 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Poor picture selection. Is standing in a mass of people supposed to be more appealing than sitting in traffic?

Anyway, when I lived in Atlanta I only used MARTA occasionally for sporting events and the airport. Many corporations are located in the suburbs. It's not expansive enough to live without a car for most people.
If you look in the picture you see people of every background.Regardless if its a sporting event or not,Atlanta has it and the other cities in this poll do NOT!Its a big difference.You make it sound as if MARTA is totally useless,which is just WAY beyond facetious.

Out of these three cities Atlanta wins by a LONG shot in transportation.However I find MARTA needing expansion,it serves my purpose because I live IN Atlanta and I cannot tell you the last time I went to a sporting event using MARTA.I use it every day almost.

People complaining about it live 20 miles outside the city and want it to fit their needs.Sure it would be great but why move somewhere if mass transit is high on your list but not available?

Most of the corporations are in Fulton,Dekalb and Cobb.All of which are accessible by MARTA or CCT.
Especially Alpharetta,Sandy Springs and Dunwoody/Peremeter which all have at least one stop for MARTA rail as well as buses.Suburbs or not there is access to most corporations.

Point is you made some wild accusations that are way out of what MOST people who live here experience.Atlanta would not have one of the fastest growing international populations if Atlanta was as one dimensional as you seem to suggest it is with your rants about Tyler Perry and Chick-Fil-A.

I mean really how do ignore all the Indian,Africans,and Asians contribution that is easily recognizable where ever you go in this city?And why is Tyler Perry and Chick-Fil-A represent something negative to you?

People that identify with those things are generally good people who value family and faith.Its not my cup of tea but I respect the rights of people to associate with whomever and whatever they please.It just adds to the cultural mix/Hardly anything to be embarrassed because someone like you feels the need to turn their nose up because of your cultural preference.

I suppose you are right about one thing:Atlanta does not need another close minded self righteous better than thou person among its mix.

Last edited by afonega1; 10-11-2013 at 03:30 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 03:32 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Party city?LOL?How old are you?80%? I dont why I am even bothering with your silly statements

Old 10-11-2013, 03:37 PM

1,445 posts, read 2,320,447 times
This thread is a mess.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
"Mass of people"? MARTA is well-utilized for sure, but this is Atlanta we're talking about, not Tokyo.

Quote:
Yeah nobody in Atlanta is over 40; they move on to other places at that age because all everyone does here is party every day all hours of the day.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
if you look in the picture you see people of every background.regardless if its a sporting event or not,atlanta has it and the other cities in this poll do not!its a big difference.you make it sound as if marta is totally useless,which is just way beyond facetious.

Out of these three cities atlanta wins by a long shot in transportation.however i find marta needing expansion,it serves my purpose because i live in atlanta and i cannot tell you the last time i went to a sporting event using marta.i use it every day almost.

People complaining about it live 20 miles outside the city and want it to fit their needs.sure it would be great but why move somewhere if mass transit is high on your list but not available?

Most of the corporations are in fulton,dekalb and cobb.all of which are accessible by marta or cct.
Especially alpharetta,sandy springs and dunwoody/peremeter which all have at least one stop for marta rail as well as buses.suburbs or not there is access to most corporations.

Point is you made some wild accusations that are way out of what most people who live here experience.atlanta would not have one of the fastest growing international populations if atlanta was as one dimensional as you seem to suggest it is with your rants about tyler perry and chick-fil-a.

I mean really how do ignore all the indian,africans,and asians contribution that is easily recognizable where ever you go in this city?and why is tyler perry and chick-fil-a represent something negative to you?

People that identify with those things are generally good people who value family and faith.its not my cup of tea but i respect the rights of people to associate with whomever and whatever they please.it just adds to the cultural mix/hardly anything to be embarrassed because someone like you feels the need to turn their nose up because of your cultural preference.

I suppose you are right about one thing:atlanta does not need another close minded self righteous better than thou person among its mix.
Uh, okay WOW. However you got all of that out of my post is way beyond me. Have a good day sir.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
"Mass of people"? MARTA is well-utilized for sure, but this is Atlanta we're talking about, not Tokyo.

Yeah nobody in Atlanta is over 40; they move on to other places at that age because all everyone does here is party every day all hours of the day.
It was the picture he posted, that's why I said poor picture selection. I know MARTA very well. It's usually not anywhere near that.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:32 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
It was the picture he posted, that's why I said poor picture selection. I know MARTA very well. It's usually not anywhere near that.
OK, I didn't see that link lol. You're right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City