Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pittsburgh vs. Kansas City
Pittsburgh 45 61.64%
Kansas City 28 38.36%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 03:30 PM

27 posts, read 37,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I thought conservatives bated the ACLU and you can find lawsuits against every police force in this country. What's your point? You can find stuff like this against any city. Take your mere and buy your 40 acres already.
Sucks when the evidence is so strong doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM

27 posts, read 37,826 times
I'll let you children masturbate all over yourselves over what a wonderful place Pittsburgh is to live in and I'll enjoy my home and never look back. I have to understand some people just dont know any better so they wake up in that political sewer and think they smell roses.

Enjoy... And keep voting Democrat, eventually a democrat will do something different than democrats do and it'll get fixed. (or so you think)

See ya...

Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 PM

26,360 posts, read 46,149,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcboggs View Post
I'll let you children masturbate all over yourselves over what a wonderful place Pittsburgh is to live in and I'll enjoy my home and never look back. I have to understand some people just dont know any better so they wake up in that political sewer and think they smell roses.

Enjoy... And keep voting Democrat, eventually a democrat will do something different than democrats do and it'll get fixed. (or so you think)

See ya...
The Front Range will face increasing water shortages over the next decade or two thanks to out of control population growth and wasteful policies regarding water use in many different categories. I much prefer to stay in the eastern half of the country with a nice lush green landscape, plenty of water, and a tolerable sun angle.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,051,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
The Front Range will face increasing water shortages over the next decade or two thanks to out of control population growth and wasteful policies regarding water use in many different categories. I much prefer to stay in the eastern half of the country with a nice lush green landscape, plenty of water, and a tolerable sun angle.
Got that crystal ball working, eh?

Out of control population growth and wasteful policies my foot.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 AM

14,169 posts, read 22,550,506 times
Quote:
This is what a blue sky looks like since you obviously don't know:

These three pictures have on thing in common, they're all Colorado Blue sky sunshine shots.
So since you're such an expert on the color blue, please tell me; does this picture feature a blue sky?

How about this one?

Or this one?

You tell me.

By the way, it seems to me like you're quite high-maintenance when it comes to the weather.

Normal people would consider this to be a beautiful day, but you'd be crying a fourth river about the cumulus clouds and haze.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:22 AM

25 posts, read 30,919 times
Quote:

See ya...
Dude, your ramblings are so ridiculous. You are comparing a small cow town in Colorado to an old once industrial city that is reinventing itself in the last 20 years. Then you throw some stupid asinine political argument into it trying to prove something but just make yourself look like an uneducated imbecile. If we are going to compare then compare apples to apples first before injecting some stupid dimwit ramblings about political crap that happens in every big city. Oh, I know you live in Greeley now where everybody is white, a cowboy or an extreme suburbanite from Denver. Just stop before it gets worse. I lived in Colorado myself too. I lived in many areas throughout the country, but I have a IQ where I don't compare things on such a stupid basis.

But anyways, I will get back to masturbating all over myself. Sounds kinky.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:38 AM

6,327 posts, read 9,084,887 times
Quote:
Sucks when the evidence is so strong doesn't it?
No it isn't. Ive seen some nutty people on here but you are the icing on the cake. You have some issues.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:04 AM

25 posts, read 30,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
No it isn't. Ive seen some nutty people on here but you are the icing on the cake. You have some issues.
When I lived in Colorado there were a ton of people out there like this guy who were from Pittsburgh. I ran into them all the time. Majority of the time was when I went to a "Steeler Bar" on Sundays. They attract yinzers who left when the steel industry was collapsing and they went searching for greener pastures. A lot of them are the old school yinzers; poorly educated and they go get drunk on Sunday waving some yellow towel at their local bar re-enforcing the stereotype that Pittsburghers are all drunk hicks. They all rant and rave about how much Colorado is better than the hell hole they came from. They blabber about sunshine on a consistent basis, and they loathe the built urban environment they came from back east, but yet they always root for the Steelers........ They haven't been back to Pittsburgh anytime recent, and are not part of the major change this city has seen in the last 20 years. If anything they help press the old stereotypes of Pittsburgh and yinzers thousands of miles away to people in other cities.

Last edited by CosmicCharlie; 05-22-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 05-22-2013, 05:44 PM

26,360 posts, read 46,149,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Got that crystal ball working, eh?

Out of control population growth and wasteful policies my foot.
Where is all the water coming from in Denver, other than a continuation of expensive diversion projects and buying up all adjacent rural water rights to many properties to retain the adequate supply they have now? Population growth and poor management of water is a big problem in Denver, particularly landscaping with bluegrass lawns- an issue only now being further addressed at a larger scale level.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:32 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,051,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Where is all the water coming from in Denver, other than a continuation of expensive diversion projects and buying up all adjacent rural water rights to many properties to retain the adequate supply they have now? Population growth and poor management of water is a big problem in Denver, particularly landscaping with bluegrass lawns- an issue only now being further addressed at a larger scale level.
I am way too tired to discuss water issues right not, but I'd like to ask you, what do you propose to do? Do you, like some of the "natives" want to keep people out? When did you live in Denver that you know so much about it? What do you know about landscaping here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City