Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pittsburgh vs. Kansas City
Pittsburgh 45 61.64%
Kansas City 28 38.36%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,088,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcboggs View Post
It's not anger, I'm frustrated trying to get through to people who have a one track mind, bashing Greeley with false information or inflating long ago events labeling a city with it forever. Not one person here bashing Greeley lives here now; one person lived here for 4 years many of which must have been the years Greeley was named "best city to live in" which was for several years in the 2000 decade. Another guy turns every most positive thing happening in Greeley making it a National Leader in economic growth into negatives then warns people not to listen to me because I say good things about Greeley and he researches till he finds something he can inflate making it look bad. Then the National Weather Service dribble that doesnt have a "Blue Sky Sunny Day" category who another poster tried to poke holes in the most beautiful climate out here and the information provided only proved Pittsburgh has less clear days that the statistic I was familiar with.
I don't even know anything about Greeley or care but I will defend where I live against your baseless ramblings. If you feel so strongly about Pittsburgh, come on the Pittsburgh forum and tell us all about your experiences. I doubt you will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 PM

27 posts, read 37,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I don't even know anything about Greeley or care but I will defend where I live against your baseless ramblings. If you feel so strongly about Pittsburgh, come on the Pittsburgh forum and tell us all about your experiences. I doubt you will.
Baseless ramblings? Buddy I have a good 10" stack of base of what has happened to me in Pittsburgh. If you don't care about Greeley, why are you bashing it?

Here's a cut and paste of the US Attorneys Offices' opinion of your so called "Citizens Police Review Board":

Buy the way this is public domain off the internet...

Department of Justice to Investigate Police Brutality in Pittsburgh.

From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 31, Front Page
FEDS PROBING ALLEGED RIGHTS ABUSES IN CITY

By Kris B. Mamula
The U.S. Department of Justice has quietly begun a preliminary investigation into alleged civil rights violations by Pittsburgh police and city's failure to curb such abuses, several sources told the Tribune-Review.
The probe, which has been active for several months, has included interviews with at least 50 victims of alleged police abuse and their attorneys and requests for scores of court records involving police brutality and thousands of pages of secret police disciplinary files.
Attorney Kathleen Spurgeon said she was interviewed by three Justice Department investigators last week.
"What the city is doing is wrong, and they know it's wrong," Spurgeon said Tuesday. "It's impossible for the city not to know (the federal probe) is going on."
Spurgeon said she was questioned about three cases that allege the use of excessive force and abuse of authority by police, but declined to discuss details of the interview. ....
Deputy Mayor Sal Sirabella, who oversees police operations as acting assistant director of public safety, said he would no longer publicly discuss police issues because of pending litigation.
"There's so much flying around here," he said. "I'm just not going to talk about it. I'm sure this will all go to court some day." ....
Such investigations are under way in Los Angeles in the wake of the Rodney King beating, and in new Orleans.
Although the Justice Department's work in Pittsburgh is preliminary, it could lead to a full-scale investigation, several sources said. ....
In a ruling against the city last week in a 1993 police brutality case, the U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals described Pittsburgh's system of investigating police misconduct as "nothing more than a facade to cover the violent behavioral patterns of police officers."
Monday, Barron said the city had not yet decided whether to appeal the decision.
Despite the ruling, and a raft of verdicts against the city since January, Murphy has insisted there has been no breakdown in supervision or discipline within the 1,000 officer bureau.
The intervention of the Justice Department was requested last fall by state Rep. William Robinson, D-Hill District. In June, Robinson was notified by letter that the civil rights division of the Justice Department was considering his request for an investigation. ....
Marshall "Smokey" Hynes, president of the Fort Pitt Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police, said... it was proof the city did not need the civilian-police oversight board under consideration by council.
A federal investigation, he said, is "one of the checks in the system."

------------------------

My case against a cop that threatened to kill me was dismissed because an internal investigation by Zone 1's Sergent Walinski said the officers order that I return all of a tenants security deposit before his lease was over was not preceded by the words "I demand" so I wasn't compelled to do so. SO if you engage a Pittsburgh City Police Officer who orders you to, for example give him your license and owners card at a traffic stop and he doesn't say the magic words "I demand", obviously you can drive off. When I called the station because the cops demand to return the money caused me considerable problems when the lease was up, I asked if officers were supposed to be doing things like that. The cop that did it then called me back and said "next time you dial 911 you wont know what will happen to you". For the following 12 years no law was enforced on my property, 3 life threatening 911 calls took up to 5 1/2 hours for an officer to respond, and I've opened my garage door only to have 2 cops (who would back each other) pointing 40 caliber pistols in my face. Welcome to Pittsburgh.

I lived on Troy Hill, you can ask just about anybody up there if they want out. Several years ago, thanks to the Mayor's negligence in not tearing down an abandoned condemned house that had beed set on fire (I think) three prior times 2 other families were burned out of their homes and everybody I talked to in the area wished it had been their house that got burned down so they could get out of Pittsburgh. The only way you can afford to leave is have your hosue burn down of do as I did and give it to someone for the balance due which was under 20K on a house that was worth 62K when I bought it then with the Police rigging my hearings to get revenge the house is now assessed at 19k. No wonder the City is broke, corruption is costing them more than they can afford.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes on a Pittsburgh Forum, there used to be a Pittsburgh Blog and after I posted my stories on that blog it disappeared overnight. Pittsburgh doesn't want anybody to know what Pittsburgh is really like. I wish I could have gotten a hold of the blog owner to see if he was bought out or ordered to cease and desist.

Pittsburgh, Someplace Special...thank God there's only 1.

Last edited by wcboggs; 05-20-2013 at 02:32 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM

Here are some more testimonies of your fine Pittsburgh Police Department "To Serve and Protect"

http://www2.law.columbia.edu/faculty...0Complaint.pdf

Civil Rights Division Home Page

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/PiperComplaint92111.pdf

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/Seedscomplaint.pdf

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/Fostercomplaint.pdf

So is my story really so far fetched?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,650,325 times
Quote:
Baseless ramblings? Buddy I have a good 10" stack of base of what has happened to me in Pittsburgh. If you don't care about Greeley, why are you bashing it?

Here's a cut and paste of the US Attorneys Offices' opinion of your so called "Citizens Police Review Board":

Buy the way this is public domain off the internet...

Department of Justice to Investigate Police Brutality in Pittsburgh.

From the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, July 31, Front Page
FEDS PROBING ALLEGED RIGHTS ABUSES IN CITY

By Kris B. Mamula
The U.S. Department of Justice has quietly begun a preliminary investigation into alleged civil rights violations by Pittsburgh police and city's failure to curb such abuses, several sources told the Tribune-Review.
The probe, which has been active for several months, has included interviews with at least 50 victims of alleged police abuse and their attorneys and requests for scores of court records involving police brutality and thousands of pages of secret police disciplinary files.
Attorney Kathleen Spurgeon said she was interviewed by three Justice Department investigators last week.
"What the city is doing is wrong, and they know it's wrong," Spurgeon said Tuesday. "It's impossible for the city not to know (the federal probe) is going on."
Spurgeon said she was questioned about three cases that allege the use of excessive force and abuse of authority by police, but declined to discuss details of the interview. ....
Deputy Mayor Sal Sirabella, who oversees police operations as acting assistant director of public safety, said he would no longer publicly discuss police issues because of pending litigation.
"There's so much flying around here," he said. "I'm just not going to talk about it. I'm sure this will all go to court some day." ....
Such investigations are under way in Los Angeles in the wake of the Rodney King beating, and in new Orleans.
Although the Justice Department's work in Pittsburgh is preliminary, it could lead to a full-scale investigation, several sources said. ....
In a ruling against the city last week in a 1993 police brutality case, the U.S. 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals described Pittsburgh's system of investigating police misconduct as "nothing more than a facade to cover the violent behavioral patterns of police officers."
Monday, Barron said the city had not yet decided whether to appeal the decision.
Despite the ruling, and a raft of verdicts against the city since January, Murphy has insisted there has been no breakdown in supervision or discipline within the 1,000 officer bureau.
The intervention of the Justice Department was requested last fall by state Rep. William Robinson, D-Hill District. In June, Robinson was notified by letter that the civil rights division of the Justice Department was considering his request for an investigation. ....
Marshall "Smokey" Hynes, president of the Fort Pitt Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police, said... it was proof the city did not need the civilian-police oversight board under consideration by council.
A federal investigation, he said, is "one of the checks in the system."

------------------------

My case against a cop that threatened to kill me was dismissed because an internal investigation by Zone 1's Sergent Walinski said the officers order that I return all of a tenants security deposit before his lease was over was not preceded by the words "I demand" so I wasn't compelled to do so. SO if you engage a Pittsburgh City Police Officer who orders you to, for example give him your license and owners card at a traffic stop and he doesn't say the magic words "I demand", obviously you can drive off. When I called the station because the cops demand to return the money caused me considerable problems when the lease was up, I asked if officers were supposed to be doing things like that. The cop that did it then called me back and said "next time you dial 911 you wont know what will happen to you". For the following 12 years no law was enforced on my property, 3 life threatening 911 calls took up to 5 1/2 hours for an officer to respond, and I've opened my garage door only to have 2 cops (who would back each other) pointing 40 caliber pistols in my face. Welcome to Pittsburgh.

I lived on Troy Hill, you can ask just about anybody up there if they want out. Several years ago, thanks to the Mayor's negligence in not tearing down an abandoned condemned house that had beed set on fire (I think) three prior times 2 other families were burned out of their homes and everybody I talked to in the area wished it had been their house that got burned down so they could get out of Pittsburgh. The only way you can afford to leave is have your hosue burn down of do as I did and give it to someone for the balance due which was under 20K on a house that was worth 62K when I bought it then with the Police rigging my hearings to get revenge the house is now assessed at 19k. No wonder the City is broke, corruption is costing them more than they can afford.

I wouldn't last 5 minutes on a Pittsburgh Forum, there used to be a Pittsburgh Blog and after I posted my stories on that blog it disappeared overnight. Pittsburgh doesn't want anybody to know what Pittsburgh is really like. I wish I could have gotten a hold of the blog owner to see if he was bought out or ordered to cease and desist.

Pittsburgh, Someplace Special...thank God there's only 1.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
You get a great big star; you're so right, I'm telling you what's happening in Pittsburgh and you're all sleeping. Congratulations.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:42 PM

WHAT!!! No comments on my post #83???

Whatsamatter?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:26 PM

25 posts, read 30,952 times
Quote:
WHAT!!! No comments on my post #83???

Whatsamatter?
Are you seriously wondering why nobody is commenting to your stupidity?

Dude, go take your meds, or work on your GED or something.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I thought conservatives bated the ACLU and you can find lawsuits against every police force in this country. What's your point? You can find stuff like this against any city. Take your mere and buy your 40 acres already.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:41 PM

And of course we'll chase you on the Pittsburgh forum because you're nuts and you're afraid anyway.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
Are you seriously wondering why nobody is commenting to your stupidity?

Dude, go take your meds, or work on your GED or something.
HEY DUDE did you read all the links?? Not a word from me just the courts record of law suits against Pittsburgh and the Bureau of Police.

Now who needs to "go take your meds, or work on your GED or something".

I just love it when people fight and name call just to fight and name call as if that makes them right. Pittsburgh and the city police are all but constantly being sued and seldom do they come out looking good. Then there's the case where a jury found a police officer guilty of murder and the judge overturned the verdict and let the killer go back to work, gun on side.

Yea so I'm wandering why nobody has commented on that post because there is no rebuttal at all, Pittsburgh and their Police sucks. So go wipe the egg off your face and read the links and get educated about the city you live in; you might just want to become a part of the many that flee each year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City