Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city would would you rather visit?
Atlanta 41 21.47%
San Diego 85 44.50%
Seattle 65 34.03%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:21 PM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
I the list forbes compiled it didn't directly mention layovers but It is determining it by hotel occupancies, Records from businesses to determine this amount in which Layovers could greatly contribute to this statistic especially with such a busy airport. Also Local and regional visitors contribute to that statistic. Both cities blow Seattle out of the water (which isn't a surprise) but the numbers don't exactly explain it all.
Well hotel occupancies are a standard way of determining the number of visitors a city receives annually, for obvious reasons, and it's tough to tease out layovers when it comes to that. Regional visitors are fair game though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 05:49 PM

580 posts, read 1,180,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How is that so when:

Hartsfield
I await your answer with MUCH anticipation.
Devanxl already spoke for me. There is not a need for me to elaborate any further.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:07 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Devanxl already spoke for me. There is not a need for me to elaborate any further.
How do you get 40 million layovers out of 92 million flights?Because you cant and you did not.You just don't wanna give credit where credit is due.
Every stat out there says different than what you allege.The amount of hotels,the robust numbers of the tourist attractions,the sheer numbers of hotel rooms,the amount of F500 comanies etc...and yet you insist that its "mostly layovers" because YOU can't see why anyone would want to go to Atlanta by choice.
Well as they say,ignorance is bliss.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:10 PM

580 posts, read 1,180,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How do you get 40 million layovers out of 92 million flights?Because you cant and you did not.You just don't wanna give credit where credit is due.
Every stat out there says different than what you allege.The amount of hotels,the robust numbers of the tourist attractions,the sheer numbers of hotel rooms,the amount of F500 comanies etc...and yet you insist that its "mostly layovers" because YOU can't see why anyone would want to go to Atlanta by choice.
Well as they say,ignorance is bliss.
AGAIN, Devanxl explained my view. I do not need to elaborate any further. Please do not get angry at me for Atlanta only receiving 18% of the votes. I started this and assumed the thread would be fair.

Old 05-19-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
AGAIN, Devanxl explained my view. I do not need to elaborate any further. Please do not get angry at me for Atlanta only receiving 18% of the votes. I started this and assumed the thread would be fair.
Angry?lol.Ok. Deflect much?Im sure you thought it fair.Your post in several threads indicate your clear disdain for Atlanta.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:07 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,390,135 times
Hey, let's go on vacation!- 3 person family.
Person 1- I like mountains, areas for kayaking, fresh seafood, comfortable cool weather, accessiblity to mountain lakes/streams and a walkable bustling downtown.
Person 2- I like the sun but at comforable 75 degrees, surfing, ocean, and small surf towns.
Person 3- I like humidity, traffic, office parks, and malls!
Um, person 3, we said vacation, not work.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:58 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times
JakeDog is right, nobody really goes on a vacation to Atlanta. Seattle is becoming a vacation destination in summer for it's nice summer climate and beautiful nature/surroundings. San Diego is a vacation destination for it's nice weather, beuatiful beaches, attractions, and beautiful surroundings as well.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:52 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
JakeDog is right, nobody really goes on a vacation to Atlanta. Seattle is becoming a vacation destination in summer for it's nice summer climate and beautiful nature/surroundings. San Diego is a vacation destination for it's nice weather, beuatiful beaches, attractions, and beautiful surroundings as well.
Maybe someone who is a aquarium person would want to see the worlds largest aquarium? But soon when Seattle expands its aquarium by 250 million dollars then those people might go to Seattle. Seattle also has the largest car Museum in the world and the largest private non profit air and space museum in the world and has a space shuttle trainer. I would think most of Atlanta's visitors are conventioner's and most of Seattle's visitors are vacationer's with family.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:04 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcouger View Post
Maybe someone who is a aquarium person would want to see the worlds largest aquarium? But soon when Seattle expands its aquarium by 250 million dollars then those people might go to Seattle. Seattle also has the largest car Museum in the world and the largest private non profit air and space museum in the world and has a space shuttle trainer. I would think most of Atlanta's visitors are conventioner's and most of Seattle's visitors are vacationer's with family.
Exactly. Also, many families go to San Diego for vacation. Seattle and San Diego are more for pleasure, Atlanta for business.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
Hey, let's go on vacation!- 3 person family.
Person 1- I like mountains, areas for kayaking, fresh seafood, comfortable cool weather, accessiblity to mountain lakes/streams and a walkable bustling downtown.
Person 2- I like the sun but at comforable 75 degrees, surfing, ocean, and small surf towns.
Person 3- I like humidity, traffic, office parks, and malls!
Um, person 3, we said vacation, not work.
A family of 3 depends on incomes.Why go some place where you can pay for three airplane tickets vs driving on a road trip where the majority of popuation lives East of the Mississppu River?How many people drive to Seattle vs Atlanta for a vacation.

Silly.And absolutely ignorant.Funny how you failed to mention famously bad Seattle weathers,higher depression rates and extremely high cost of living.

San Diego has sprawl like Atlanta,forest fires,extreme traffic congestion and high cost to live anywhere nice is very expensive for most folks.Even its downtown is nothing special.

Funny how also Atlanta has the fastest growing city center out of the three.Something must be right about it.
Atlanta is the highest elevated major city after Denver.It sits in the foothills of the Appalacians. I go to the mountains regularly.They are closer than those in Seattle.Most people dont climb mountains because they are the highest.

How many black people do you think would rather go to Atlanta than Seattle?What cultural or interest is there for black people?Im black and I travel alot. However I would only pick San Diego over Atlanta because everybody likes the beach.
People may get mad because I said it,but how many black people do you ever see on a ski slope or climbing a mountain?lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City