Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More ethnically diverse and integrated cities
California 30 56.60%
Northeast 23 43.40%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:01 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times

Advertisements

montclair lives stats

i'm all about the eye test
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 06:03 PM

85 posts, read 160,748 times
So if California was so great, tell me why Black and White people are leaving EN MASSE like their lives literally depend on it? Come on, give me your explanation so I can tell my kids why a whole section of the US is unsafe for Black people to go to?

I wonder what will happen when the Asians start leaving too.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:09 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,530,843 times
cali is as racist as any place i've ever been.

i went to stay in a hotel in san diego and someone dropped luggage next to me
and gave me his room number

yup cali is where it's at

Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM

130 posts, read 226,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see how that one internet slideshow without any statistics trumps that stats I posted above.

As for what 18Montclair posted on page three (I'm guessing you mean the colorful map?) it has more to do with integration than with diversity. I realize that California is much more integrated than the northeast, where all the diversity is in the cities and urban areas.

Now back to diversity, I just don't think California really beats the northeast by that much.

I gave the stats to the major cities above, San Diego, Boston, and NYC seem the most diverse, with SF being mostly European/Asian, LA being mostly Hispanic, and DC being mostly African. We could, of course bring the smaller cities into it, but I don't think it would tip the scales in any particular direction (Sacrament, Hartford, Providence, Fresno, Bakersfield, Lowell, etc) are all pretty [equally] diverse.

As far as the less-densely populated rural and suburban areas, CA is of course more diverse as it is more integrated, whereas in the Northeast all the diversity is in the urban areas.
I just gave u stats from the 2010 census....those are facts...CNBC source=FACT. How can anyone still be arguing against Cali...we already proved our point....this thread is over. Why r u still trying to argue? Facts don't lie?!?!

Old 05-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaKlwn8523 View Post
SO all those dead black children are a myth? How about you tell that to Cheryl Green's mother. Go drive to Harbor Gateway and tell her that you think her dead child is a myth.
Anyways, the cities of the Northeast (after all, this is CITY DATA, not Metro Data, Combined Statistical Data, or State Data) are much more diverse than the cities of California, that is the legally defined definition of a city, not some mumbo jumbo some people made up on an internet forum.
People in NYC very rarely leave NYC, same for people in DC, Boston, Philly, etc.
Ya you're totally right bro, the 2010 United States census is just a bunch of "mumbo jumbo"....but everything that comes from u isn't...coming from the guy who said that 50-60% of kids in L.A. are in gangs....just go away dude. U haven't even posted ONE FACT that backs up what you're saying!! U started a post because u thought talking about L.A.'s gang wars would prove your point, then u got smacked in the mouth w fact after fact and your only comeback was that Mexican's are comitting genocide against the blacks in L.A, and that lots of black men in NYC date outside their race...way to "prove" your point.

goodbye

Old 05-27-2013, 06:28 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

Lol @ "this one time at band camp" anecdotes and eyeball tests trumping hard statistical data. Get real.

If you want to keep your head buried in the sand about your region, fine. But don't embarrass yourself with these weak sauce rebuttals.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
So if California was so great, tell me why Black and White people are leaving EN MASSE like their lives literally depend on it? Come on, give me your explanation so I can tell my kids why a whole section of the US is unsafe for Black people to go to?

I wonder what will happen when the Asians start leaving too.
I thought this thread was about which area is more diverse??? Can't u stay on topic, I mean u are the one that started this thread right????

Old 05-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_starks View Post

This is probably the weakest argument I've ever seen...AND u don't even know where those people were from...if they had luggage, chances are they were vacationing from the North East...they probably wanted to see what real diversity looks like.

Next?

Old 05-27-2013, 06:43 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
SO all those dead black children are a myth? How about you tell that to Cheryl Green's mother. Go drive to Harbor Gateway and tell her that you think her dead child is a myth.
Anyways, the cities of the Northeast (after all, this is CITY DATA, not Metro Data, Combined Statistical Data, or State Data) are much more diverse than the cities of California, that is the legally defined definition of a city, not some mumbo jumbo some people made up on an internet forum.
People in NYC very rarely leave NYC, same for people in DC, Boston, Philly, etc.
Is that right? Well then, I guess the OP should cease with the "California vs Voltron" threads, what do you think?

Last edited by RaymondChandlerLives; 05-27-2013 at 06:54 PM..

Old 05-27-2013, 07:03 PM

93,237 posts, read 123,842,121 times
I will say that the Northeast does have diverse suburbs/outer cities and towns like Cambridge, Brockton, Randolph, Malden, Everett, Lynn and some others in the Boston area; East Hartford, Windsor and New Britain, among others outside of Hartford; Nyack, Ossining, South Nyack, Peekskill, New Rochelle, White Plains, Yonkers, Baldwin, Freeport, West Hempstead, Valley Stream, Elwood, Elmont, Haverstraw, Spring Valley, Elmsford and Uniondale, among many others in the NY portion of the NYC area; Montclair, Teaneck, West Orange, Orange, Linden, Hackensack and Englewood, among many others in NJ near NYC; Cheltenham, Upper Darby, Coatesville, Norristown in PA and Pennsauken, Swedesboro and Woodbury in NJ, among others near Philadelphia.

Also, I believe that the Poughkeepsie-Newburgh-Middletown NY metro is the most integrated metro in the Northeast and the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City