Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:45 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times

Advertisements

I would go with Milwaukee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 06:46 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,128 times
Cleveland wins in mobility due to its better public transportation (rail).

But in terms of walkability, I greatly prefer Cincinnati. In my opinion Cincy's downtown is livlier than Cleveland, and we have about 10 walkable neighborhood business districts that all offer great nightlife and retail options, along with superior architecture.

I think Milwaukee has the most bars out of all three, but I've never been there so I can't really comment on it.

Overall, I'll take Cincinnati.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 AM

144 posts, read 270,946 times
Milwaukee has the best nightlife, festivals, art/music scene, and parks system.

Cleveland has the best public transportation, best restaurant scene, best yuppie/yupster neighborhoods, and probably the best sports scene.

Cincinnati has the best skyline/downtown, best neighborhoods within walking distance of downtown, and best architecture.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH3Flatlander View Post
Milwaukee has the best nightlife, festivals, art/music scene, and parks system.

Cleveland has the best public transportation, best restaurant scene, best yuppie/yupster neighborhoods, and probably the best sports scene.

Cincinnati has the best skyline/downtown, best neighborhoods within walking distance of downtown, and best architecture.
Pretty fair breakdown!

Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
^ Cleveland does have a National Park surrounding the city .. Known as the "Emerald Necklace" Cuyahoga Valley National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus Lake Erie.

What is Milwaukee's park system like?

Old 07-03-2013, 12:43 PM

280 posts, read 648,093 times
I won't deny that Milwaukee's nightlife is spread out... a big part of that is how Milwaukee began as three separate cities, and never truly stopped being three separate cities because each "side" (Northside, Southside, Eastside) already had its own infrastructure.

That said, the eastern half of Milwaukee (anywhere east of the freeway, not just the "Eastside") is probably more walkable than anywhere in Cleveland or Cincy, but those cities might be more walkable overall.

Also, when talking nightlife, Milwaukee's festival season should be considered. We have long winters, even by Midwestern standards; so we go all-out during the summer.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:57 PM

144 posts, read 270,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
^ Cleveland does have a National Park surrounding the city .. Known as the "Emerald Necklace" Cuyahoga Valley National Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Plus Lake Erie.

What is Milwaukee's park system like?
Yeah, I really debated giving parks to Milwaukee over Cleveland, but I think I would give Milwaukee the edge just because I think it utilizes its lakefront with its parks a bit better than Cleveland does. Not completely sure, but I think Cleveland has more park acreage though.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:27 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,220 times
Milwaukee ranks higher than Cleveland in terms of parks in every survey I've seen. A couple more recent ones:

* Milwaukee #16, Cleveland unranked: The Best City Parks Systems in America - Nate Berg - The Atlantic Cities
* Milwaukee #19, Cleveland #25:Group rates Minneapolis as top U.S. city park system

Cincy isn't on either list.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:25 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,020,675 times
^ Such "surveys" are meaningless and laughable. Most assuredly, anyone's who ever ventured into Cincinnati's Eden Park complex would look with bemused eyes at such "stats."

Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,212,554 times
1. Cleveland(The transportation makes it number 1
2. Cincinnati
3.milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City