Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:30 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
I always enjoy the Toronto versus .... threads and comments by the overzealous, starry-eyed Toronto posters

Toronto versus NYC-- Please, please, *please* compare us to NYC. We beg of you. Pleeeeaasse!!! No, not Montreal!!!

Toronto versus Chicago-- We're kind of like them, but we're more multi-cultural.

Toronto versus the United Nations-- It's kinda cool, but we're more multi-cultural.

Toronto versus God-- ... He's cool n' all that, but we're more multi-cultural than God.
+500 Oh my God! Yessss!!!! I love the Toronto vs. anywhere/anything threads And you're spot on with labeling them as overzealous and starry-eyed as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:32 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
They always end up being closed but it seems that the biggest trolls show up for Chicago vs NYC threads.
Anybody remember Euros1/American Boy and dementor? LMFAO

Old 07-10-2013, 01:44 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,626,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post

dementor was the best poster (and by best, I mean worst) on C-D. Loved all the dementor alter egos but always the same blinded bias, usually vented against Chicago. No objectivity/no reason, just blind, unmitigatedhating on Chicago. I used to ****love**** to respond to him/her/it just for the reaction.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:07 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
Yes I do remember lurking on this site and getting a good laugh at the foolishness that was on display by this poster.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM

798 posts, read 1,034,035 times
The thread that got me to sign up here was a vs thread between Texas and Florida. Read it about 5 times, and I was still lmao.

So my favs are:

Atlanta vs. anything
North vs. South
Philly vs. Sunbelt city
Northeast vs. California
Minneapolis vs. Seattle

All the vs threads are really entertaining though. I didn't even know there were Omaha boosters until today. I'm always looking for someone to make a really crazy comment about some city or an innocent one where they accidentally badmouth some place. Boom, flame war starts.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Its fun when Northerners attempt to explain what life is like in the South/Texas.
I am a Northerner and can explain the south because I used to live there and visited many states in the south.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM

267 posts, read 578,947 times
NYC vs....

I mean really, why bother?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:44 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,906,553 times
Anything that can be a DC as the new urban utopia or the word massive and DC can be used

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
It's really not close when comparing TOD in the D.C. area to everywhere else in the nation. There are just too many metro station's with massive TOD moving forward right now it's almost apples and oranges to try to compare.
Edit: Also any threads where gogo music becomes a topic for multiple pages

Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 AM

669 posts, read 915,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Chicago vs NYC threads usually turns into a pretty entertaining flame war.
In all honestly overall it should be pretty easy in most things but if the last thread about beauty showed us anything it was that this forum is filled with a lot of Chicago ass kissers with a lot of them virtually being idiots, the thread starter probably being the biggest. So the thread tends to go on for a long time and gets a lot of attention.

Last edited by yyuusr; 07-11-2013 at 12:12 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 12:02 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,983,459 times
Any post that tries to use city/metro population as a way to elevate a city's prestige/level of world class I always find that comical.

I guess an endless sea of residential housing and a landscape that reeks of suburbia is the "In Thing" and automatically bumps the city a tier up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City