Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is New Orleans World Class...how bout Las Vegas
Yeah their World Class 7 6.60%
New Orleans is 14 13.21%
Las Vegas is 8 7.55%
World Class?..Nah not quite 77 72.64%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:40 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,010,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTime View Post
Aww ok sorry last time I looked at New Orleans metro data in detail was a little bit after Katrina...New Orleans was smaller than B Ham than...but it has since caught back up and surpass Birmingham again SOOOOOOORY Folks..New Orleans is bigger SOOOORY

But to put things back in perspective...New Orleans is still smaller than Memphis, any way you wanna split it

(the point of that being such a small city packing so much power and pulling things that Atlanta or Dallas could pull despite being 1/5th there size,...could you imagine Louisville or Cincinnatti pulling the Superbowl,...being the setting of movies,..or having a NFL AND NBA team)
Why is Birmingham even in the equation, just hating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 08:00 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,934,861 times
No to New Orleans.

Definite no to Las Vegas. Vegas is a tourist attraction known for its strip while the rest of the city is a sprawling suburb. To me, it has always been the equivalent of an amusement park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by &heart View Post
Whoever started the poll needs to learn the difference between their, there, and they're. JS.

No. I do not believe either one of the cities is world class.
It's the internet. It's not that big of a deal.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 PM

4,068 posts, read 7,263,286 times
I once heard or read Las Vegas described as the "World Capital of Tacky". Is that the same as being world class?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 AM

367 posts, read 988,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Why is Birmingham even in the equation, just hating.
Man aint Nobody hating on Birmingham...be queit

Old 07-19-2013, 11:11 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,144,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBoyDJ View Post
Both are very unique in their own right and no other city can compare to either one of them but world class.......uhh negative. New York, Chicago, and LA are really the only cities in the U.S. that are considered world class status. I mean Atlanta is more of a world class city than Vegas and Orleans so to answer the question no the two cities are not considered world class.
Miami, DC, San Francisco and Philadelphia are also World Class, I believe Boston and Atlanta as well.

I would say that New Orleans and Las Vegas are world-class vacation destinations, but not cities.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM

16,505 posts, read 26,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Miami, DC, San Francisco and Philadelphia are also World Class, I believe Boston and Atlanta as well.

I would say that New Orleans and Las Vegas are world-class vacation destinations, but not cities.
Atlanta? No.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Atlanta? No.
I could never see Atlanta as world class although it has the biggest airport in the world, gave us Coca Cola and is a very beautiful city, New Orlean has all the bones to be a world class city. LA and Houston are definitely world class cities,

Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,967,446 times
Quote:
I could never see Atlanta as world class although it has the biggest airport in the world, gave us Coca Cola and is a very beautiful city, New Orlean has all the bones to be a world class city. LA and Houston are definitely world class cities,
Houston is not world class sorry. Compared to Las Vegas it is but not to cities like Chicago or San Francisco. There is no sunbelt city (except Los Angeles) that's world class. Name me one thing that's unique to Houston that draws visitors from around the world in numbers like NY, CHI, LA, SF or DC.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,434,278 times
Quote:
Atlanta, Houston, and Seattle all float on the same boat right now. They are world class just not to the tier of NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, LA, or DC yet. Boston, Philly, Houston, Seattle, and Atlanta are a step down at the moment.

Old 07-20-2013, 02:32 PM

Houston is a tier above Atlanta and Seattle as a world class city. The city produce Howard Hughes and has been on a roll ever since. Go to the middle east and everyone knows Houston- Europe, India, China, Japan!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City