Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 08:50 AM

2,502 posts, read 3,374,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH_CDM View Post
I live in Corona del Mar, CA. Apparently to one poster, this makes me a Michigan resident and virulently anti-Chicago, because I point out differences between cities.
deal with it Dude
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No, no, WE aren't obsessing about Chicago… you are. We all know that these places are pretty different from one another, which makes perfect sense considering their ages and locations, but you're the one trying to make Chicago just like or better than NYC is every aspect, not us. There are differences, recognize it and accept it. They are after all in two different regions of the country and that has a big impact on the look, style, and even feel of each city.

Again, I get that you're proud of Chicago or whatever but you have to be realistic. Or no one will take you seriously.
Deal with the fact that Chicago, having the most intense energy on the Continent....will eventually overtake NYC. Anybody go to Lollapalooza this weekend?

Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 AM

New York is the largest example of empire.....it is "NewYork"

Chicago is the next chapter.

Last edited by midwest1; 08-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: in otherwords...New York will forever be seen as the fount of european colonialism)

Old 08-03-2013, 09:45 AM

591 posts, read 820,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I think the biggest difference is the scenery. To me the NY metro is way prettier and scenic esp Northern NJ, Connecticut and the Eastern part of LI.
Westchester County ain't too shabby either.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:13 PM

555 posts, read 591,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
New York is the largest example of empire.....it is "NewYork"

Chicago is the next chapter.

Next chapter of what? Looking at the current state of affairs Chicago has a bigger chance of becoming a next Detroit than next New York lol

Last edited by flotard; 08-03-2013 at 10:23 PM..

Old 08-03-2013, 10:28 PM

555 posts, read 591,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Probably neither, flotard. It's okay to be proud of the city you love, and, just as in real life, there are those always ready to let you know if you don't agree with them, you MUST be wrong. Why so afraid? I'm pretty sure you're spinning in circles, as you've not changed the mind of ANYONE. A bias is one thing, but bullying those who disagree with you is another. You really have no right to call someone paranoid or inferior because they don't agree with you. I would suggest maturing a little.
I suggest you read the thread before you dispense any uninvited advice. Loving you city is ok but boosterism is very immature. Now, accusing all your opponents, just like Midwest1 did, of being from Michigan and therefore holding a grudge against Chicago... That's clear paranoia. "Grapico and Jerseygirl" from Michigan? Lol

Old 08-04-2013, 12:18 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
Deal with the fact that Chicago, having the most intense energy on the Continent....will eventually overtake NYC. Anybody go to Lollapalooza this weekend?
oh man... Had to go get some more...keeps getting better

girlrific...

Old 08-04-2013, 06:29 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
I suggest you read the thread before you dispense any uninvited advice. Loving you city is ok but boosterism is very immature. Now, accusing all your opponents, just like Midwest1 did, of being from Michigan and therefore holding a grudge against Chicago... That's clear paranoia. "Grapico and Jerseygirl" from Michigan? Lol
Well, if you can show me boosterism on my end, please point this out. If you can show me bias against NYC on my part, please point that out. If you can show me bias on your part...can we talk about that, too?

Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Well, if you can show me boosterism on my end, please point this out. If you can show me bias against NYC on my part, please point that out. If you can show me bias on your part...can we talk about that, too?
He is talking about midwest1 and your defense of *him* ... Read his posts, read him several times being paranoid about me being from Michigan, defending myself, then still claiming this... and other nonsense.

Read his outlandish claims.

I understand boosterism, jabs, preferences and what not but this guy is just way over the top. I'm surprised you are siding with him honestly.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:17 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
He is talking about midwest1 and your defense of *him* ... Read his posts, read him several times being paranoid about me being from Michigan, defending myself, then still claiming this... and other nonsense.

Read his outlandish claims.

I understand boosterism, jabs, preferences and what not but this guy is just way over the top. I'm surprised you are siding with him honestly.

I'm not siding with him at all, and I agree. There is also boosterism the other way, and I'm tired of that as well. There is always a big pile-on when it comes to Chicago from New Yorkers, and...really? It's so over the top, sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City