Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 05:19 PM

507 posts, read 806,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I was Just in Savannah a month ago.For the first time in years I hung out downtown at night.City Market and Ellis square area was filled with people as late as 3am.It was very festive.I definitely thought it could rival Atlanta .
Every since they expanded the open container law,it seems its booming with nightlife. Definately impressed.
Any pics or vids? I just don't see how Savannah of all places would have better nightlife than the 3 in question, for the exception of Miami and NOLA i have never been impressed with the large southern cities nightlife or pedestrian activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 06:20 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Instigator View Post
Any pics or vids? I just don't see how Savannah of all places would have better nightlife than the 3 in question, for the exception of Miami and NOLA i have never been impressed with the large southern cities nightlife or pedestrian activity.
's
Well I'm stretching to say its better but its definitely not too far behind.It's very similar to N.O.N.O. has bars and pubs that are great and any clubs are usually centered around the bars.Not to many upscale places are even just a step up in New Orleans is not like Miami or Atlanta with their many upscale options.

A month ago we rode bikes around town.It was so realxing and there were people EVERYWHERE.In parks,cafe's ,in the streets and all over.

I was there last year around this time and did they same thing and it was exactly the sameThe city is really booming with life.

I took pictures of the architecture ,not foot traffic so cant show you the night life and foot traffic.

This is Tybee Island

Old 08-10-2013, 06:24 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
SAV does NOT have a better nightlife than Atlanta or Houston. Let's be real. It has one little downtown area for nightlife in a barely 1 square mile area. Houston and Atlanta have multiple districts for nightlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City