Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 10:03 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,133,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
When Crack hit the streets in the 1980's would be my guess.

There was a time when Fort Worth, Texas was known as Murder Worth.
That's a pretty stupid, unimaginative nickname.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 10:19 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
That's a pretty stupid, unimaginative nickname.
About as unimaginative as Frisco or Oaktown right?

Fort Worth's nickname everybody uses these days is "Funky Town". Only in the 1980's & early 90's was it called Murder Worth.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
About as unimaginative as Frisco or Oaktown right?
Yes, I don't know anyone besides you who uses those nicknames.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
Yes, I don't know anyone besides you who uses those nicknames.
Which ones?

Old 08-13-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Which ones?
"Frisco" and "Oaktown". Do you not understand the concept of quoting your text and answering it?

Old 08-14-2013, 12:35 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Murders do not occur with enough frequency to represent a danger to a nation, compared with all the other things that can happen, like unemployment, health crises, economic recession, moral bankruptcy, police and judicial abuse, loss of civil rights, family breakdown, educational collapse, etcetcetc. Even shifts in general crime have little effect on the overall safety and security of the republic, and in fact crime is probably steadily increasing, if you count consumer fraud and other forms of white collar crime which are never enumerated in the published crime statistics and the perpetrators rarely brought to justice, as well as events that are moral crimes with clear victims, even though not codified as criminal.

An overwhelming majority of murderers are known to their victims, so murder is perfectly irrelevant to anyone who does not hang out with murderers. There are those who believe abortion is murder, which would make the statistics above laughably small, and definitions keep changing, with more and more doctors pulling plugs.
Since the motive for murder can be random, one doesn't have to hang with known murderers to be a victim. How do you identify a murderer? I could hang with a preacher, and he'll snap and murder someone. Murder is a relevant crime statistic to anyone who hangs with other humans. Murder rate or attempted murder rate is a great barometer of the level of danger in an area. Esp. in cases of stray bullets, mistaken identity, ect. Innocent folks get hit with unintended bullets daily. the Murder rate in any given area can determine your potential fate, or your odds of becoming a victim in lesser crimes(robbery, rape, theft).

Old 08-14-2013, 12:48 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
How could you possibly say that online without knowing you're going to be ripped to shreds? Racism is old, pointless, and senseless crap.

Either that or (looking on the positive side) you were emphasizing how blacks are targets of racism and you aren't being racist at all. You really should clarify for your own good.
I'm sure he meant back in the Jim Crow, and pre-Jim Crow days, blacks were more likely 2 be lynched. then in post-Jim Crow era, blacks were most likely 2 be murdered by other Blacks.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,220 times
There was a time when Syrup was known as Mrs. Butterworths.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:22 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
=

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'm sure he meant back in the Jim Crow, and pre-Jim Crow days, blacks were more likely 2 be lynched. then in post-Jim Crow era, blacks were most likely 2 be murdered by other Blacks.
Thank You. I wasn't going to even bother to defend my statement because they clearly knew what I was referring to.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,420,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakparkdude View Post
1860s?
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City