Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Canada 98 36.98%
United States 167 63.02%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 12:16 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,206,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There are more taxes in Canada though.
And the shopping is more expensive. And I love to shop, so that's quite a negative point for Canada as far as I'm concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
"No strict separation of church and state"? How is that a positive?
I'm curious about that one too Must be a preference of the OP I guess...

Old 08-26-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
The irony here is Canada has far less religious zealots and in my opinion the country as a whole is a much more live and let live society.
+1 LOL Yeah, true that

Old 08-26-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
Agreed and the US is much more of a religious cesspool that factors in to politics way more than it should for a country that has "strict separation of church and state". His / her comment regarding that being one of his / her 'pro Canada' bullet points is ridiculous.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I agree, its also annoying on the flip side as well. Canadians think they understand the US but they have very little knowledge, outside of those who have lived in the country. Both sides are painfully ignorant.

Comparisons between entire countries as large and diverse as these two are ridiculous as well. The only reason I chose the US is because there are more cities I would live in as compared to Canada (Obviously its the more populous country) But that does not mean there are not some Canadian cities I would choose to move to over certain US cities. The country where they are located are completely inconsequential to me, outside of Federal Income tax rates and things of that nature.
+2 Those are some good points.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,574,700 times
I would choose Canada hands down. Not one tiny little bit consideration for the USA. Though I like many things about the USA I despise the political system, I hate the US foreign policies, I hate the fragmentation of the people due to differences of opinion, I hate the culture of celebrity although we have many azzhats who are into that garbage here also. I hate the propaganda and lies Americans are fed every day of their lives from the day they can first understand language till the day they die. I hate corporatism and the USA is becoming more and more fascist in that respect every day. I value freedom and here in Canada were are infinitely more free than Americans are in their near police state. I hate racism in all of it's forms and that is a prime feature of the USA. I hate the American unjustice system that is far more concerned with political considerations than justice.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I would choose Canada hands down. Not one tiny little bit consideration for the USA. Though I like many things about the USA I despise the political system, I hate the US foreign policies, I hate the fragmentation of the people due to differences of opinion, I hate the culture of celebrity although we have many azzhats who are into that garbage here also. I hate the propaganda and lies Americans are fed every day of their lives from the day they can first understand language till the day they die. I hate corporatism and the USA is becoming more and more fascist in that respect every day. I value freedom and here in Canada were are infinitely more free than Americans are in their near police state. I hate racism in all of it's forms and that is a prime feature of the USA. I hate the American unjustice system that is far more concerned with political considerations than justice.
What propoganda would that be?

Sounds to me you hate the U.S. actually, you use the word hate a lot.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:54 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post

He just hates our freedom!

Old 08-26-2013, 12:59 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
He just hates our freedom!
Honestly, on the contrary, the press here is so free that I don't understand the propaganda he/she is talking about? Things like the Iraq war?

Go to other countries and their press/media is really controlled by the government. In many Latin American countries, Asia, and even parts of Europe you don't even have as much freedom.

The problem with America is there are just a lot of dumba**es that have dumba** followers. They are the types that could easily be brainwashed anywhere.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:34 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,574,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post

Truth about anything is as hard to find in the USA as a needle in a haystack. On one drive from Miami to Seattle I read an entire American high school history textbook. There was not one single fact about the USA in that book that was correct. Now that is propaganda designed to teach the kids of the nation a completely false narrative about everything American. Have you not heard that all those wars you are constantly fighting all over the globe are in the cause of "Freedom". What a freakin lie that one is. Even the feeble minded should be able to see through that one.

Actually I admire the people of the USA very much. They have achieved so many great things despite the awful and horrible governance they must contend against.

That pledge you force down the throats of the children of the nation is the height of propaganda. There is not a single clause in it that contains even a kernel of truth. It reminds my in-laws who attended school in Germany under the Nazis very much of the third Reich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City