Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More relevant city in the future
Houston 155 53.45%
Boston 135 46.55%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:04 PM

92 posts, read 137,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Why So Serious?

I mean, both cities are fantastic and influential and whatever.

Does it really bother you THAT much that some 15 people on the internet consider Boston more "relevant" than Houston?

Houston obviously rocks, regardless of what people here say or feel about it or Boston.

So please calm down, my friend.
Alright, I am taking it a bit serious. But this is the internet, where everything is serious, and on a serious note there are plenty of people from Boston who live in Houston. It sort of bothers me when people talk about how irrelevant Houston is, despite it being the fastest riser amongst American cities. Why can't it get any credit? It must be doing something right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
As a Texan, Houston truly concerns me. Houston seems a future trainwreck of destiny. It has no planning or life view, no true core of itself like other cities to fall back on. It is a false place and sadly will never see greatness if it continues on the current path.
There are two sides to the extremes. Zedd is one for boosting and you are the other for bashing. We know your history about your feelings of Houston and is never positive so we can accept your takes with a grain of salt as well. Trainwreck of destiny? What a joke.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:04 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd Spectrum View Post
Nice rebuttal to a completely legitimate point.
And it was a completely legitimate rebuttal to the way you convey yourself on this thread. That whole what Houston can do to hurt Boston line and how it represents its power seemed so desperate and pittiful and it was a disservice to Houston in the way you represent it. So if you're trying to garner support and credit for Houston, that certainly isn't a good way of going about it.

For what it's worth I really like Annise Parker the mayor of Houston and I often check in and follow up on what she's doing. She's a great representative of the city.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 09-12-2013 at 04:46 PM..

Old 09-13-2013, 03:55 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
As a Texan, Houston truly concerns me. Houston seems a future trainwreck of destiny. It has no planning or life view, no true core of itself like other cities to fall back on. It is a false place and sadly will never see greatness if it continues on the current path.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
We know your history about your feelings of Houston and is never positive so we can accept your takes with a grain of salt as well. Trainwreck of destiny? What a joke.
Looks like OP Zedd is gone. Like someone else theorized, perhaps it was a reverse psychology thing to bash Houston and California?

But we're still stuck with this other guy and his passive-aggressive posts, which coincidentally are always about...Houston.

Maybe that's when you know your city has really made it -- when all of the weirdos from cyberspace come out of the woodwork and waste hours of their time thinking up bizarre posts to bash the place, directly or indirectly.

Old 09-19-2013, 12:00 AM

739 posts, read 1,187,478 times
Both cities are relevant now and will be relevant in the future

Old 09-19-2013, 07:09 AM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Palm View Post
Both cities are relevant now and will be relevant in the future
Yes indeed and for very different reasons, and that pretty much sums it all up.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM

484 posts, read 882,380 times
I'd vote for Boston without a doubt. The economy in Boston is very diverse and is home to some of the best educational institutions in the world. Houston's focus in on oil, and with a lessening dependence on oil, I see Boston as weather future economic storms better. Stagnant growth is not necessarily a bad thing. Ideal economic growth usually falls between 2 and 4 percent.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:11 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,838,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
The economy in Boston is very diverse and is home to some of the best educational institutions in the world. Houston's focus in on oil, and with a lessening dependence on oil, I see Boston as weather future economic storms better.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:24 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhans123 View Post
I'd vote for Boston without a doubt. The economy in Boston is very diverse and is home to some of the best educational institutions in the world. Houston's focus in on oil, and with a lessening dependence on oil, I see Boston as weather future economic storms better. Stagnant growth is not necessarily a bad thing. Ideal economic growth usually falls between 2 and 4 percent.
This needs to become a myth, fast.

Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 PM

739 posts, read 1,187,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This needs to become a myth, fast.
there will never be a reduction on the dependence of oil...too much of what we use/consume is tied to oil....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City