Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bermuda, The Virgin Islands, or Hawaii?
Bermuda 3 18.75%
The Virgin Islands 3 18.75%
Hawaii 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 07:52 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,172 times

Advertisements

Hi, me and the wife are planning our next vacation and we are looking at Bermuda, the Caribbean (VIs in particular), and Hawaii. We have been to Hawaii before, and would love to visit again but would like to pick a different islands. We know that each island is very different in weather, we are looking at Maui. However Hawaii is so far away for us that the flight time would be about 10 hours. Not to mention it would be more expensive, so we wouldn't be able to spend too much time there.

The Virgin Islands and Bermuda are both extremely close for us, like less than 2- 3 hour flight. Also much cheaper. However we need passports for Bermuda and we don't know much about it, other than that it's supposed to be beautiful. The Virgin Islands are beautiful too from what I've seen online and been told, and I always wanted to visit the Caribbean. However we hear some Caribbean islands are not safe (some are though however).

But we are still deciding. Any advice or knowledge you can give me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 08:16 PM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
What time of year?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Hi, me and the wife are planning our next vacation and we are looking at Bermuda, the Caribbean (VIs in particular), and Hawaii. We have been to Hawaii before, and would love to visit again but would like to pick a different islands. We know that each island is very different in weather, we are looking at Maui. However Hawaii is so far away for us that the flight time would be about 10 hours. Not to mention it would be more expensive, so we wouldn't be able to spend too much time there.

The Virgin Islands and Bermuda are both extremely close for us, like less than 2- 3 hour flight. Also much cheaper. However we need passports for Bermuda and we don't know much about it, other than that it's supposed to be beautiful. The Virgin Islands are beautiful too from what I've seen online and been told, and I always wanted to visit the Caribbean. However we hear some Caribbean islands are not safe (some are though however).

But we are still deciding. Any advice or knowledge you can give me?
Bermuda. It is gorgeous, by far my favorite island. It's safe with cute charming towns and nice bigger cities to walk around. There are beautiful beaches (Horseshoe Bay is a must! Elbow Beach is a huge tourist draw but honestly it's not all that impressive to me) with pink tinted sand and water the color of the Caribbean and nice and warm. I think there are things for everyone to do there. I've been to Bermuda in May and July and the weather was perfect both times. It is such a beautiful island with nice people and a great atmosphere.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:15 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,111,073 times
I'd vote for Hawaii if it were a 10 year type trip. For what you describe I'd say the US VI. It's closer of course and doesn't require passport. Relative crime in the Caribbean it would be on the better half.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM

632 posts, read 932,305 times
If you're just going to relax and go to the beach, both Bermuda and US VI are good choices. But both are small so if you want active city life, neither would be a good choice. Both can get boring quickly. The US VI gives you the option of going to three islands though (St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. John's). Both are pretty expensive too.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 AM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
I would avoid St Thomas. Tarpaper shacks and cruise trash. There are some nice spots here and there, but generally no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City