Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 01:47 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,333,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
Lol. Dive a little deeper WildWest and see exactly who is leaving Chicago. Why are you so hung up on this? Isn't Indiana about to lose a bunch of factory jobs Trump promised would be retained? Looking more and more like Indiana's manufacturing base will eventually go the way of Illinois'. What a shame. Hopefully Indianapolis will be able to compete with Chicago for white collar jobs?
LOL back to you. No hang up. Numbers don't lie whoever they are and it is now becoming a trend for IL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:44 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,147,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
LOL back to you. No hang up. Numbers don't lie whoever they are and it is now becoming a trend for IL
No one said the numbers are a lie, but the numbers reflect the decline in manufacturing employment in Illinois that will soon take grip on Indiana, lol. Neither place is particularly attractive for heavy manufacturing these days. Couple that with automation and you're going to be looking at some heavy job losses coming for Indiana. Over 1,000 are on pace to be cut in the coming days/week. What separates Illinois from Indiana is Illinois actually has a very large white collar job base/population.

Old 04-01-2017, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
No one said the numbers are a lie, but the numbers reflect the decline in manufacturing employment in Illinois that will soon take grip on Indiana, lol. Neither place is particularly attractive for heavy manufacturing these days. Couple that with automation and you're going to be looking at some heavy job losses coming for Indiana. Over 1,000 are on pace to be cut in the coming days/week. What separates Illinois from Indiana is Illinois actually has a very large white collar job base/population.
there you go with that LOL .
I suppose the corruption, high cost of living as in property taxes and crime has nothing to do with the exodus.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:42 AM

4,671 posts, read 7,338,136 times
Haven't census estimates also indicated that Indiana's population growth basically looks like stagnation?

Census figures show Indiana with stagnant population growth

Both states are clearly having problems with domestic migration and population stagnation.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 785 times
Everyone has their opinion. I work in Chicago and live near the Dunes in Indiana. There is more employment opportunity in Chicago obviously (hence why i work there), but who in there right mind would want to live in Chicago or Illinois? Chicago is very ghetto, all of the buildings are smashed together, and you have annoying foreigners all over the place. Not to mention the property taxes, the sales taxes, the state income taxes, pure corruption of the political system, etc. My boss lives in an illinois suburb, pays over 10k a year in property taxes and lives in a tri level. I have twice the square footage, pay a third of the property taxes. I can go on from there. I cant tell you how many neighbors in my subdivision are from illinois. Sad, really.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:41 PM

Recent news:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...ating-us-state

"The monetary problems plaguing the state of Illinois (not to mention its public pensions) have been widely documented here over the past few years, and today the rating agencies finally noticed, when in the span of a few hours, first S&P, then Moody's downgraded Illinois to BB+/Baa3, respectively, both just one notch above junk, the lowest rating ever given to a U.S. state, as both agencies cited a long-running political stalemate over a budget shows no signs of ending.

In the first downgrade, S&P warned that Illinois is at risk of soon losing its investment-grade status, an unprecedented step for a state that would only deeper the government’s strain. Bypassing its traditional 90-day review, S&P said Illinois will likely be downgraded around July 1, when the new fiscal year begins, if leaders haven’t agreed on a budget that starts addressing the state’s chronic deficits."
Rate this post positively

Old 06-02-2017, 12:45 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,840,780 times
I've lived in Chicago, and would love to return, some day. The rest of Illinois, along with Indiana...no thanks.

Old 06-02-2017, 02:23 PM

4,671 posts, read 7,338,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
I've lived in Chicago, and would love to return, some day. The rest of Illinois, along with Indiana...no thanks.
Agreed.

Old 06-02-2017, 09:54 PM

2,556 posts, read 3,593,301 times
Indiana sucks. It's almost Ohio-level suckage. Illinois isn't much better. Illinois has Chicago though so... End game. End. Game.

Old 06-03-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
Indiana sucks. It's almost Ohio-level suckage. Illinois isn't much better. Illinois has Chicago though so... End game. End. Game.
Here he comes near the end after everything has been talked about with a suck statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City