Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 08:20 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times

Advertisements

If you had a weekend to spend in either one of these neighborhoods what would you choose and what would you do while there?

Old 07-03-2018, 08:21 PM

9,686 posts, read 9,406,200 times
Hyde Park, the others don't come close.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:47 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,748,263 times
Again, Little 5 Points is not a neighborhood. What's with the misconception on CD about this?

Old 07-04-2018, 12:01 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
If you had a weekend to spend in either one of these neighborhoods what would you choose and what would you do while there?
What exactly is the point of this?

It has already been explained that L5P is not a neighborhood, it's a commercial junction to several separate areas that happen to connect there.

You can't compare it with the likes of Hyde Park and The Loop without an agenda hoping it's just demolished.

These recent strange Atlanta threads are getting weirder by the day....

Old 07-04-2018, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
What exactly is the point of this?

It has already been explained that L5P is not a neighborhood, it's a commercial junction to several separate areas that happen to connect there.

You can't compare it with the likes of Hyde Park and The Loop without an agenda hoping it's just demolished.

These recent strange Atlanta threads are getting weirder by the day....
The point is a comparison like in the subject. If you want to participate do so in a constructive way. If not, please go to another thread. Please don't post if you don't like the topic or your intentions are to bring in trash from another unrelated thread.

I personally think The Delmar Loop and L5P are similar to each other in terms of funkiness and types of businesses there.

My former neighborhood in Chicago is a little different. The vibe reminds me of a cross section of the Skinker Debaliviere neighborhood in St. Louis and the suburb of University City (that is connected to by... "The Delmar Loop").

I am interested in reading about personal experiences and the vibe that is felt in these different places. I have never read a comparison of Hyde Park (especially the 53rd street corridor) L5P, The Delmar Loop and East Nashville. These Hoods are never really compared but highly recommended in their cities.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 07-04-2018 at 03:49 AM..

Old 07-04-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Why?

Old 07-04-2018, 05:39 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,751,949 times
Quote:
Agreed, not even a fair comparison in the least. The other 3 neighborhoods need to be compared to neighborhoods in medium large cities in the Midwest and South, not to Chicago

Old 07-04-2018, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Agreed, not even a fair comparison in the least. The other 3 neighborhoods need to be compared to neighborhoods in medium large cities in the Midwest and South, not to Chicago
I disagree!

If we where writing about Gold Coast Lincoln Park or Lakeview. I would agree. There many neighborhoods in smaller metros that can compare to Hyde Park.

What does Hyde park have amenities that you couldn't find in The Loop or same type of Neighborhood except lake Michigan? Or what does 53rd have that The Delmar Loop doesn't. Please explain?

Old 07-04-2018, 11:02 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
The point is a comparison like in the subject. If you want to participate do so in a constructive way. If not, please go to another thread. Please don't post if you don't like the topic or your intentions are to bring in trash from another unrelated thread.

I personally think The Delmar Loop and L5P are similar to each other in terms of funkiness and types of businesses there.

My former neighborhood in Chicago is a little different. The vibe reminds me of a cross section of the Skinker Debaliviere neighborhood in St. Louis and the suburb of University City (that is connected to by... "The Delmar Loop").

I am interested in reading about personal experiences and the vibe that is felt in these different places. I have never read a comparison of Hyde Park (especially the 53rd street corridor) L5P, The Delmar Loop and East Nashville. These Hoods are never really compared but highly recommended in their cities.
Your entire premise of including L5P with these other hoods is bogus. L5P is nothing more than a small slice of these other places. Again, it is not a 'Neighborhood.'

Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,115,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Your entire premise of including L5P with these other hoods is bogus. L5P is nothing more than a small slice of these other places. Again, it is not a 'Neighborhood.'
That is correct. Once more:

Inman Park is a neighborhood.
Candler Park is a neighborhood.
Reynoldstown is a neighborhood.
Poncey-Highland is a neighborhood.
Edgewood is a neighborhood.

L5P is a small commercial district at the juncture of the aforementioned neighborhoods.

Hopefully it will stick this time, but since it doesn't fit the narrative I doubt it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Besides, the thread is getting its desired result.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.