Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state do you prefer?
Ohio 44 48.89%
Georgia 38 42.22%
Neither 8 8.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
How is having a higher poverty rate,lower educational attainment,a net loss in population great quality of life?
Atlanta is unattractive yet its growing faster than any city in Ohio.

People like Georgia.Tourism is much higher in Georgia than Ohio so it must be doing something right.
Untill you can support in factual data how Ohio is more attractive then you should stop because you sound desperate.
Your problem is that you don't know the difference between facts and opinions. "Factual data how Ohio is more attractive?" This is nonsense. You can't have factual evidence to prove an opinion. An opinion is an opinion.

However, you can prove with data in regards to population loss and gain. Might wanna check those numbers out before claiming a net loss. Also, population and quality of life are not correlated. If you think so, might I suggest a trip to Pyongyang or Mumbai. I mean this is pretty elementary stuff.

My reasons for prefering Ohio to Georgia are not because somewhere in the state, in the last 10 years, more people moved in than out or something stupid like that. I prefer Ohio because there is more to do in any part of the state than Georgia, in my opinion. Each part of the state is anchored by a decently sized city. These cities also each have, in my opinion, more to offer than Atlanta for someone like me.

Now please attack me for why I'm wrong.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:24 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
As I asked the op long ago here, "Why did you create this thread..?" It did not seem as though it really was done in an attempt to learn anything through listening to each other or to spread knowledge.
Unfortunately it smacked of being a flame war right from the beginning & it has gone straight down that path, complete with personal insults & namecalling.
This thread needs to be terminated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
And it will very soon....
Yup.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City