Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who?
California 79 41.36%
Canada 84 43.98%
Can't compare, or about the same. 28 14.66%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 09:26 AM

293 posts, read 245,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
There is no metro area in Canada the size of LA. DTES in vancouver is still pretty damn bad and it is much smaller than LA or SFC.

You said California was too poor to be compared to Canada. That is simply not true. I am willing to bet that way more Canadians move to California than the other way around.
California looks ghetto compared to Canada, sorry to burst your bubble but that is the way it is.

Once you move there as I assume it's your goal now that you couldn't make it in Canada you'll see it for yourself. It is not all like you see in the movies.

I bet that more Swiss move to the US as well, does that mean that quality of life is better there than in Switzerland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 10:56 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAROD View Post
California looks ghetto compared to Canada, sorry to burst your bubble but that is the way it is.

Once you move there as I assume it's your goal now that you couldn't make it in Canada you'll see it for yourself. It is not all like you see in the movies.

I bet that more Swiss move to the US as well, does that mean that quality of life is better there than in Switzerland?
California looks ghetto compared to Canada?? What a joke. California looks just fine. Both places are beautiful. I live and work in Canada just fine. Personal attacks are always a sign you have nothing better to say.

You can keep making rude blanket statements all you want. It doesn't change the fact you are wrong about California being too poor.

Old 02-19-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
. I live and work in Canada just fine.

Are you sure? This thread shows otherwise

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cana...t-sikhism.html

Old 02-19-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Are you sure? This thread shows otherwise

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cana...t-sikhism.html
LOL It does?

You clearly missed the entire point of that thread. None of that changes the fact your were wrong about California being to poor. Try sticking to the topic.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
GDP per capita and household disposable income figures say otherwise. Educate yourself on California before you say this!

If you're talking about the California government being in massive debt, well, Ontario's government is in even bigger debt.
Clearly that poster crarod has no clue what they are talking about.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
LOL It does?

You clearly missed the entire point of that thread. None of that changes the fact your were wrong about California being to poor. Try sticking to the topic.
So, is it a lie that you said you feel discriminated in Canada and are thinking of moving to the US?

How is the Sikh conversion going by the way? LOL

Anyway, back to the topic. Yes California is more similar to Mexico than it is to Canada.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Anyway, back to the topic. Yes California is more similar to Mexico than it is to Canada.
And wealthier than both Mexico and Canada.

Old 02-19-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
And wealthier than both Mexico and Canada.
Tell that to the millions of homeless and the droves of people leaving the state every day.

I'm sure that will change their lives.

"Hey I'm living in the street but at least we have Sillicon Valley"

Old 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the millions of homeless and the droves of people leaving the state every day.

I'm sure that will change their lives.
Millions of homeless in California? LOL ok there, that is a big time exaggeration. Canada also has a homeless population. Specially in Vancouver and for the same reason California does except without much going for it.

Millions of people also continue to move to California. For the tech industry, the entertainment industy, the agricultural sector, the nice weather, etc etc...There is simply more industry of all kinds there. Comparing California to Mexico or saying it is ghetto compared to Canada is just blatanly wrong and more than likely has some prejudice sentiment behind it.

This thread is about which place is more liberal. Stick to the topic.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
...Comparing California to Mexico or saying it is ghetto compared to Canada is just blatanly wrong .
Why? Because "California has Sillicon Valley and Hollywood"

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City