Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 08:26 AM

12,825 posts, read 21,999,989 times

Advertisements

^Great post. I agree.

I still understand why, on the surface, many people choose Boston as the "overrated" city and Philly as "underrated." The casual visitor to both (or even resident who is disconnected from those fields), after experiencing all each city has to offer (and noting the many similarities) probably look a the difference in prices (especially COL) and wonder why. Posts like Tocoto's help to highlight some of the reasons. I still see Philadelphia as an incredible value. And while I prefer Boston for a number of reasons, I wouldn't call Boston a "value." I see a lot of potential for Philadelphia in the future, and I see a good deal of untapped potential for Boston as well. I don't think Boston is "overrated" for the reasons in tocoto's post and many more.

I also understand that the OP didn't make this about Boston and Philly. I just think that of the 4 major cities in the Northeast Corridor, they're the two most comparable. The other two are the Nation's Capital and one of the largest cities on earth that also happens to be a world economic and cultural hub. Philly and Boston are the two most comparable of the bunch so naturally they're the two that are most represented in these results.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City