Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best summer city?
NYC 23 60.53%
Miami 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 06:48 PM

171 posts, read 407,240 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I'm torn between plans. I'm 19 and graduating high school in May and I wanna celebrate by spending my summer in an awesome city. I'm a web dev/design so I can pretty much from work anywhere. I plan on leaving at the end of June / early July.

In these categories which do you think would be most worth it:

1) Most fun
2) Hottest girls
3) Dating (Especially interracial, because I'm black)
4) Best entertainment

Also, how hard would it be to date girls in either city being black. I mean I don't "act black" and I've been called an oreo (not sure if it matters). Any tips on that would be awesome!

Thanks for any answers guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 07:18 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
NYC because Miami is warm all year long. NYC only warm in later spring, summer and half of fall.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:37 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
I'd suggest NYC.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:44 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHardy View Post
Hey guys, I'm torn between plans. I'm 19 and graduating high school in May and I wanna celebrate by spending my summer in an awesome city. I'm a web dev/design so I can pretty much from work anywhere. I plan on leaving at the end of June / early July.

1) Most fun
2) Hottest girls
4) Best entertainment

Also, how hard would it be to date girls in either city being black. I mean I don't "act black" and I've been called an oreo (not sure if it matters). Any tips on that would be awesome!

If you're black and into interracial dating then NYC is definitely the place to be since diversity is our name. Lots of interactions here. Plus we have all races, ethnic groups and cultures.

Entertainment going to have to pick New York here since it has more options.

Hottest girls in the summer. Miami is always portrayed as having some of the most beautiful women but keep in mind that most of the beautiful women will be black, Latina or white. NYC has a lot of beautiful women from all over the globe.

Most fun? Depends on what your into. Miami is mostly known as a nightlife city. If you're into other types of entertainment and want variety then NYC. If you're into nightlife exclusively id go with Miami .

Old 04-19-2014, 02:53 AM

171 posts, read 407,240 times
Thanks for the answers, where do you guys recommend staying in NYC?

Old 04-19-2014, 03:01 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,796,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
NYC because Miami is warm all year long. NYC only warm in later spring, summer and half of fall.
Completely agree!

Old 04-19-2014, 03:37 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,108,060 times
I'm curious as to why that is relevant in regards to the OP.. What does Miami being "warm all year long" have to do with his summer plans?

Old 04-19-2014, 05:29 AM

249 posts, read 399,188 times
Quote:
Thanks for the answers, where do you guys recommend staying in NYC?
What's your $$$$$ range?

Old 04-19-2014, 05:57 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times
You're 19? How much money do you have for this Summer extravaganza? You may be making money during the Summer but you'll need some significant dough up front to get your started.
If it's any consequence, Miami is going to give you more Summer housing options for less since it's not the high season.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:36 AM

403 posts, read 666,230 times
Quote:

1) Most fun
2) Hottest girls
4) Best entertainment

It depends on exactly what you're looking for as both offer unique entertainment. If you want to spend nights at 5 star restaurants that are by far some of the best in the country (possibly the world), spend evening watching shows that are unique, spend time shopping and possibly watch a Yankees game, then New York City would definitely be the place for you (especially Manhattan). If you want to check out some of the most unique beaches and prefer outdoor life over indoor life, then Miami is the place for you. Both have their share of hot women (18+) from what I've noticed, but you'd have to describe your ideal woman in order for me to share the one that you're looking for (same with with dating). Overall, you'd have to describe exactly what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City