Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 04:13 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times

Advertisements

Seattle feels like a New England village in its suburban parts... Until you step out into the urban streets full of drugged out homeless and crack heads talking to themselves. At that point you're unmistakably on the West Coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 06:21 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,991,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Seattle feels like a New England village in its suburban parts... Until you step out into the urban streets full of drugged out homeless and crack heads talking to themselves. At that point you're unmistakably on the West Coast.
There are no homeless and crack heads on the eastcoast? That's news to me.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,523 times
I think he forgot to mention that they were white.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:31 AM

515 posts, read 1,059,234 times
I would say that parts of San Francisco has an East Coast feel especially in the Union Square area. I have not noticed anything like this in San diego or L.A. I have heard some parts of Seattle have an East Coast type vibe like Pioneer Square.. but have never been.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:10 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior6 View Post
I would say that parts of San Francisco has an East Coast feel especially in the Union Square area. I have not noticed anything like this in San diego or L.A. I have heard some parts of Seattle have an East Coast type vibe like Pioneer Square.. but have never been.
For what its worth, the Historic Core of Downtown LA is filled with prewar buildings and has relatively narrow streets and is constantly used as a stand-in for New York City for film shoots. The filming here never really stops and you get used to seeing NYC taxi cabs, fake subway entrances, fake street signs, and other props around the neighborhood.

Non-Angelenos might be surprised at how many of the movies and TV shoes that take place in NYC have their outdoor scenes filmed in DTLA. In the last month I've watched them film Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine Nine on my street. Can't go too long without walking past a Mad Men shoot either.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:51 PM

414 posts, read 508,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
There are no homeless and crack heads on the eastcoast? That's news to me.
There's definitely a lot more dangerous homeless and crackheads on the east coast.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:39 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,436,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Yes...But everything East of La Brea in Los Angeles is built more like NYC than to other sunbelt cities. West LA & The Valley are suburban (Except Santa Monica, Westwood, Venice, North Hollywood & Warner Center). That tends to throw off people's perceptions of how dense and how built up the rest of Los Angeles really is.

You take everything East of La Brea, Historic South Central, NorthEast LA & East LA your talking about a huge area which forms LA's core. Most Visitors and Transplants live on the Westside and Valley's so that is the LA they experience.
I think you can east from Fairfax.

And not all of West LA is suburban. Is West Hollywood suburban? I dont think so. Is Beverly Hills south of Santa monica blvd suburban?

It's actually pretty built up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City