Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 04:34 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,089,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswilder View Post
What an insensitive and arrogant comment. Just because you do not understand the extent of how winter affects this person, does not give you a right to call them a "mopey, suicidal crybaby".
The dude called himself suicidal, so...maybe dial it back a notch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 10:44 AM

413 posts, read 323,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daboywonder2002 View Post
I'm in MInnesota too. For me, I am thinking either Philly or Raleigh/Durham, Nc. The quality of life in Minnesota is so great that it's hard to give up. But for all the good parks and stuff we have, what good is it if it's cold 5-6 months out the year? I wanna be warm where i can take my kids outside in February, March and April.

Aren't you the same guy that was fretting in the MSP section about where to have a 5th birthday party for your finicky eater kid? It sounds to me like your kids run your house. Why not check with them to see where you should be living?

Old 04-11-2019, 11:48 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Aren't you the same guy that was fretting in the MSP section about where to have a 5th birthday party for your finicky eater kid? It sounds to me like your kids run your house. Why not check with them to see where you should be living?

I wouldn't say he's picky. He just doesn't eat the normal Kid friendly meals. (Burgers, Fries, chicken fingers). Thats what most kid friendly restaurants sell. He actually likes healthy foods. NO reason to spend money on food he doesn't like or force him to eat food he doesn't like.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM

12,830 posts, read 9,552,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIb View Post
Hard to decide. Still looking for more information. Honestly I prefer Denver slightly but it's just too hard to say no to Seattle.

So far my feeling is
Seattle is more expensive with more traffic.
Denver has extreme weather in both summer and winter.

I don't want to settle in a place where I have to suffer from traffic 2 hours a day and pay twice the amount for a similar home.
I am also not sure about Denver's dry hot summer and unpredictable winter. It'll be good if people could share more about their feelings about Denver's weather.
Summers are great in Denver. Once the sun goes down, it's almost chilly. Not sure you can say the same about charlotte.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I'm in MInnesota too. For me, I am thinking either Philly or Raleigh/Durham, Nc. The quality of life in Minnesota is so great that it's hard to give up. But for all the good parks and stuff we have, what good is it if it's cold 5-6 months out the year? I wanna be warm where i can take my kids outside in February, March and April.
You really think it's warm in Philly in February?

Old 04-11-2019, 05:51 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,917,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
You really think it's warm in Philly in February?

No I lived in Philly so I know it gets cold there too. But we have snow in Minnesota right now. Snow in april. A snowstorm.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
No I lived in Philly so I know it gets cold there too. But we have snow in Minnesota right now. Snow in april. A snowstorm.
Snowed in Denver last night. It can snow in the east coast in April.

Old 04-11-2019, 07:58 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,089,823 times
Quote:
A rather unusually-late April snowstorm. It's going to be up in the 60s again next week.

You're completely glossing over the fact that it's been in the 50s and 60s in the Twin Cities the past three weeks with beautiful, sunny spring weather. I suppose that's still too bitterly cold for your family?

Old 04-11-2019, 08:53 PM

503 posts, read 800,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Snowed in Denver last night. It can snow in the east coast in April.
It did but the snow was gone like 12 hours after it stopped. Idk if the same applies to Minneapolis Most cold weather cities in the US do still get a little bit of snow during April though, so I’m not sure why they’re surprised.

Old 04-12-2019, 07:06 AM

8,333 posts, read 5,488,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
The dude called himself suicidal, so...maybe dial it back a notch.
You do realize seasonal depression is a thing right?

Why do you think suicide rates are so much higher in places that are cold and dark as opposed to places that are warm and sunny?

Minnesota cold isn’t for everyone. I lived in Chicago for 2 years and the winter was my sole reason for leaving. Perhaps because I grew up in Southern California I just wasn’t used to it. But I was the most unhappy I’ve ever been there though I wasn’t suicidal.

You said you’d feel suicidal in Phoenix. Many people live there and love it. Don’t project your views onto everyone. I live in Houston and it’s hot and humid 8 months of the year which I love. I could call someone a wuss for complaining about it because, after all, I spend lots of time outdoors in August which is our worst month. But I get it, not everyone likes it and it bothers a lot of people. It’s for those reasons I wouldn’t live in Minnesota even if it was free. Not because I think poorly of the state (because I absolutely don’t), but because I would be miserable in the cold.

To each their own.

Last edited by As Above So Below...; 04-12-2019 at 07:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City