Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:03 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
A lot of us have family and even friends in DC and we go there to chill with them. You'll see Marylanders hanging out in Gallery Place and Georgetown a lot and of course, most of us Marylanders go into the City to hit the nightlife scene up and many concerts and events. When there's nothing to do in the 'burbs, we drive or hop on Metro to have some fun in DC.
That's understandable if you're in the DC area. If you can "hop on Metro," then you're basically in what is considered DC; every city has suburbs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 07:19 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
Quote:
A lot of us have family and even friends in DC and we go there to chill with them. You'll see Marylanders hanging out in Gallery Place and Georgetown a lot and of course, most of us Marylanders go into the City to hit the nightlife scene up and many concerts and events. When there's nothing to do in the 'burbs, we drive or hop on Metro to have some fun in DC.

I'm not disputing you, just saying there is a lot more Maryland
out there besides PG and MOCO, which border DC.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:40 AM

27,567 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
Ok. I still feel that there are equal if not more Marylanders that don't even go to DC or even mess with Washington like that.
You don't think that Marylanders take visiting friends or relatives into D.C.?

Old 06-20-2014, 09:20 AM

2,596 posts, read 4,659,459 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
I'm not disputing you, just saying there is a lot more Maryland
out there besides PG and MOCO, which border DC.
Right and those areas still lean toward DC and not Baltimore and the other way around

Old 06-20-2014, 10:39 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
That's understandable if you're in the DC area. If you can "hop on Metro," then you're basically in what is considered DC; every city has suburbs.
That's actually what I had in mind. Lol sorry, the rest of Maryland outside of PG and MoCo were a bit of an afterthought on that discussion

Old 06-20-2014, 10:47 AM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Right and those areas still lean toward DC and not Baltimore and the other way around
I'd say the MD counties that lean decisively towards DC are PGC, MoCo, Charles County, Frederick County, Calvert County, and St. Mary's County.

Anne Arundel County and Howard County are more of a mixed bag. Both counties are situated on the Baltimore side of Maryland but the both of them, most especially HoCo got a pretty visible DC influence going on.

The Eastern Shore is a little more standalone but I would say that it gravitates towards Baltimore more than DC. Western Maryland is the exact opposite.

Old 06-23-2014, 04:11 PM

2,596 posts, read 4,659,459 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
I'd say the MD counties that lean decisively towards DC are PGC, MoCo, Charles County, Frederick County, Calvert County, and St. Mary's County.

Anne Arundel County and Howard County are more of a mixed bag. Both counties are situated on the Baltimore side of Maryland but the both of them, most especially HoCo got a pretty visible DC influence going on.

The Eastern Shore is a little more standalone but I would say that it gravitates towards Baltimore more than DC. Western Maryland is the exact opposite.

My college roommate (white) was from Eastern Shore and gravitated toward the DC culture even though he wasn't pre-exposed to it possibly because we were from the area. However I conclude if he was roommates from folks from Baltimore then he would've gravitated toward that culture just the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City