Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Hahaha! Please show me. Lmao!
Exactly what I want to see. Unless it's a handful of Baltimoreans trying escape their city, you won't be catching none of us Prince Georgians talking in that weird "Bawlmorese" dialect. Our culture is more in-lined with DC and we sure as hell don't dress like people for Bmore. Now educate us MahatmaX, where are these so-called Bmore influences did you encountered in my home county? And if you say Laurel, you do realize that Laurel also spans into Howard and Anne Arundel Counties right? Just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 11:59 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,209,186 times
As for the original question, I'd say that Maryland is evenly influenced by both metropolitan areas, DC possibly a little more so since there seems to be more people living here in the neighboring counties such as Montgomery County (over 1 million) and Prince George's County (bigger than San Francisco's pop, close to 900,000). Then there's Charles County, Calvert County, St. Mary's County, Frederick County, and the rest of Western Maryland. The Baltimore side of the state includes Bmore City along with Bmore County, Hartford County, Howard County (though it has some DC influence), Anne Arundel County (has some DC influence as well but it doesn't feel as pronounced as HoCo's to me, even in Crofton I feel like I'm in Baltimore's sphere of influence), Carroll County, and much of the Eastern Shore to some extent.

Carry PG County, MoCo, and Baltimore City during a statewide election, and you are in. These three jurisdictions are home to the largest concentration of the state's population.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:15 AM

6,843 posts, read 10,960,126 times
Baltimore.

Maryland means more to people in Baltimore, as that is Maryland's biggest city and metropolitan area, even has the capital (Annapolis) in it's immediate area. Washington's suburbs are sizable but as the statistics show, Baltimore's metropolitan area is slightly more populated.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 AM

612 posts, read 843,495 times
Its Dirty South all the same

Old 05-19-2014, 04:21 AM

249 posts, read 399,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Hahaha! Please show me. Lmao!
Laurel and Bowie to an extent.
Both PG and MoCo have Ravens fans, I see it everyday.
Also a lot of white people that are from PG and MoCo have
Baltimore accents especially Greenbelt.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Its Dirty South all the same
Shut up

Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,748,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthEast Coast 202 View Post
Laurel and Bowie to an extent.
Both PG and MoCo have Ravens fans, I see it everyday.
Also a lot of white people that are from PG and MoCo have
Baltimore accents especially Greenbelt.

MahatmaX, why did you change your name to NorthEast Coast 202?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 AM

27,556 posts, read 28,647,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
That's some interesting logic. May I ask your grade in Geography class?
LOL. I kind of wish that New York City did have more influence here in Maryland. NOBODY seems to be interested in it here (except for NY transplants) and that's kind of sad.

I think Philadelphia gets in the way or something.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,654,979 times
Default boredatwork

Last time I checked PG county had a higher median income than Baltimore County. I think PG represents 14% of MD and Baltimore city 11%. And to say something like Baltimore influences PG.? When I went to school in Baltimore at every campus you can tell who was from around the way.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
MahatmaX, why did you change your name to NorthEast Coast 202?
I don't know what your talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City