Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: With out census numbers which city feels larger in Population?
Dallas 13 8.84%
Los Angeles 67 45.58%
Chicago 44 29.93%
Houston 10 6.80%
Atlanta 10 6.80%
Miami 3 2.04%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:55 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
In the core Chicago - from a metro LA
Agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 01:42 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
Clearly you havent been to any city besides dallas. You forgot to mention the largely "rural" south dallas and west dallas. Both areas are much larger than downtown/uptown. It doesnt feel like I'm driving through a city at all.
South Dallas rural lol lol lol I am done I know for a fact you haven't been to The Big D LMAO.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:01 AM

998 posts, read 1,325,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
South Dallas is rural? When I think of South Dallas I think of Oak Cliff and vicinity. That area is far from rural.
I put "rural" in quotation marks for a reason. For a major city, large parts of south dallas look country and undeveloped. I live in dfw. Have you driven down 45? Ledbetter? Theres NOTHING urban about that. Dallas posters like to trumpet uptown/downtown but ignore the fact that there are large sections of the city that look the total opposite.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:46 AM

1,064 posts, read 1,904,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo2000 View Post
I put "rural" in quotation marks for a reason. For a major city, large parts of south dallas look country and undeveloped. I live in dfw. Have you driven down 45? Ledbetter? Theres NOTHING urban about that. Dallas posters like to trumpet uptown/downtown but ignore the fact that there are large sections of the city that look the total opposite.
Hey now I didn't say that some newer areas that have been annex are not rural.
I do know Houston,Miami and especially Atlanta are not talking all the rural places those cities have to offer.Chicago I have been there two many times to know that there is rural areas in several spots.
Now back on topic not one of the other cities deserve the third spot but Dallas metro size and urbanity beats out the others and really give Chicago a run for its money because once you leave proper Chicago it gets very rural coming in from the south you see nothing but forrest until you get to bowling brook,il.:cool :

Yes I am a southern that you guys cannot minipulate sorry I do get around the states now the jokes is on the one who comment on Dallas being rural in some areas.The city is 7million strong so that should let you know when it is urban it get really urban enough said.......

Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Hey now I didn't say that some newer areas that have been annex are not rural.
I do know Houston,Miami and especially Atlanta are not talking all the rural places those cities have to offer.Chicago I have been there two many times to know that there is rural areas in several spots.
Now back on topic not one of the other cities deserve the third spot but Dallas metro size and urbanity beats out the others and really give Chicago a run for its money because once you leave proper Chicago it gets very rural coming in from the south you see nothing but forrest until you get to bowling brook,il.:cool :

Yes I am a southern that you guys cannot minipulate sorry I do get around the states now the jokes is on the one who comment on Dallas being rural in some areas.The city is 7million strong so that should let you know when it is urban it get really urban enough said.......
Dallas is pretty sparsely populated from the city all the way out to the suburbs. In fact, the city and urban area have almost the exact same population density(3,500 vs 2,800). It's not comparable to Chicago at all. It's no different than Houston or Atlanta. Not saying that's a good or bad thing but you have to be honest with yourself.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Dee was saying that the core of Dallas looks like Northeast cities. It's clear and obvious this person has never left Texas.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:08 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
I think what's more obvious is that dee is a kid.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:24 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,858,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think what's more obvious is that dee is a kid.
A kid that needs to learn that you put a space after a period. His/her posts are almost unreadable because of this most basic of grammatical errors. Seriously how bad are the schools in the south???

Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
A kid that needs to learn that you put a space after a period. His/her posts are almost unreadable because of this most basic of grammatical errors. Seriously how bad are the schools in the south???
I think he is doing what many do around his age. Type like he talks.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:49 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,857,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Also those smilies are obnoxious. How can you take anything he says seriously with all those smilies all over his posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City