Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Eastern City is most like San Francisco?
Chicago 1 3.45%
Toronto 1 3.45%
Atlanta 0 0%
New York City 5 17.24%
Miami 1 3.45%
Washigton DC 1 3.45%
Philadelphia 1 3.45%
Montreal 0 0%
Boston 17 58.62%
other (east of the Mississippi) 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 05:08 PM

6,807 posts, read 6,038,878 times

Advertisements

Yes, yes, I know: San Francisco is unique and no place is quite like it, and each of the cities in the poll have there own distinct flavor, etc.... But which of the cities in the poll is MOST similar, even if the two are still pretty different?

The reason I started this thread was because, when I joined this forum a year or so ago, it seemed like many believed Boston and San Francisco to be costal mirrors of each other. I think this was thought because both are very dense and their economies revolve around things like tech and education.

I was interested and amused, therefore, when I saw that in the recent thread entitled "Match a city in the East Coast to a city in the West Coast" 90% of the people listed DC as SF's East Coast match and the other 10% offered Philadelphia [most people put Boston with Seattle].

So I wanted to have a big official thread where this specific phenomenon could be discussed in greater detail.

So what eastern city is most similar to SF in your opinion and why?

I included the "other" option in case you think that SF is most similar to Detroit, Nashville, Halifax, Pittsburgh, or another city not on the poll. However please limit the "other option to only cities east of the Mississippi River.

Last edited by Boston Shudra; 05-25-2014 at 05:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City