Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:53 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
These seem like pretty political, true leftist, anti-1% and anti-neoconservative/pro-civil libertarian statements to me.
loooool you are three much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 AM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
loooool you are three much
Is this English?

Old 06-26-2014, 10:52 AM

996 posts, read 1,896,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese plate View Post
Is this English?
Haha, I was trying to figure it out too.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:54 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,523 times
Pretty simple to figure out really.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:38 AM

260 posts, read 299,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Haha, I was trying to figure it out too.
I was trying to figure it out three

Old 06-26-2014, 12:03 PM

3,453 posts, read 4,527,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTy View Post
I was trying to figure it out three
loooool

Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't get why people are okay with living somewhere with a lackluster job market. Better them than me, I guess.
If you live somewhere with a lackluster job market, but you yourself have a good job--you don't really care so much about the fact that others have difficulty finding work.

Old 06-26-2014, 12:46 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
If you live somewhere with a lackluster job market, but you yourself have a good job--you don't really care so much about the fact that others have difficulty finding work.
And obviously people usually live close to their family, friends and loved ones.

Most people aren't going to pick where to live just because of the job market. 99% of people aren't going to move to Sweden or Taiwan or wherever just because some random place may have better job prospects in their chosen field. People have spouses, lovers, friends, family, etc.

You generally don't put your job ahead of everything else in life unless you're desperate or workaholic.

Old 06-26-2014, 01:09 PM

260 posts, read 299,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
And obviously people usually live close to their family, friends and loved ones.

Most people aren't going to pick where to live just because of the job market. 99% of people aren't going to move to Sweden or Taiwan or wherever just because some random place may have better job prospects in their chosen field. People have spouses, lovers, friends, family, etc.

You generally don't put your job ahead of everything else in life unless you're desperate or workaholic.

You really nailed it. This is why i don't like sunbelt cities like Houston,Dallas,Parts of Atlanta,Charlotte,Orlando,Raleigh. I have never been to Phoenix so i won't comment. San Antonio and Austin are exceptions to the rule

Old 06-26-2014, 01:53 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What are some cities that CvC often hold in high regard but are in reality bad places to live? I would say NYC. Most CDers give NYC a romanticized appearance that are depicted on Friends and Seinfeld. What they don't mention is how NYC is one of the most segregated cities in the country in terms of wealth and race. NYC has an overreaching police force that disproportionately target black and Hispanic men. There are 22,000 homeless children in the city alone. Now why is NYC always defended on CvC?
And then people wonder why New Yorkers can be cocky. Because of moronic threads like this by posters such as yourself.

You can keep telling people how bad NYC is but realistically NYC is still growing with out of towners and immigrants, it still has it's 3 major industries, and it isn't in a economic funk as bad as some other cities.

I'm black and boo hoo guess what? If I went to another city, cops would still target me. You think cops stopping blacks and Latinos is a New York thing? Lmao

Keep it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City