Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2015, 06:09 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times

Advertisements

@757 @mutiny

I should have clarified, Norfolk is only underrated in the instance of those who feel it's comparable to Richmond, or debatable as the top city in Virginia. Damn, in that sense I guess I'm speaking to y'all lol. Otherwise, though, I would say Norfolk is underrated in all other conversations...

Aside: I know a guy down here in NC from the Beach, known him since I came here a few months back. He thought I was from Norfolk this whole time, I had to correct that quickly! (I'm joking, @757, take it easy lol)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 09:25 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,661,784 times
Of the cities I have been to, the most overrated would be Boston and the most underrated would be Portland.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:13 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,278,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
When typing on an iPad, it's relatively easy to make minor spelling mistakes. It's not that big of a deal.

I wouldn't say I'm overtly familiar with Pittsburgh. However, the few times I've visited, I found it quite beautiful in stark contrast to Philly.
I agree. On a stay over a Motel by Pittsburgh. We stayed in a Motel on top of the mountain over-looking the city. Going through a tunnel you have the picture below. I was impressed with our walk around Downtown. Nice Architecture and street size. In the morning at the dinette ground floor. A deer came to graze outside our rooms.

That was a good decade ago now. Also on a Lay-over at the Airport. That was one of the nicest I've seen. Nice bars and a Mall in the Airport.

So perhaps... especially considering Pittsburgh's size. It has a impressive Downtown. So to me might be underrated?

Old 09-19-2015, 04:30 AM

246 posts, read 230,348 times
Overrated: Southeastern Cities

Underrated: Northeastern Cities

The End!

Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,545,550 times
Wait, rofl, did someone say Norfolk was underrated?

I must have stumbled into an alternate universe.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:43 AM

44 posts, read 51,623 times
Came here to say Boston is overrated but since so many people already have then there's no point.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:29 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,137,781 times
Underrated: Baltimore, MD. It's a pretty interesting present-day city with a ton of important history, and yet somehow gets frequently forgotten on lists of major eastern cities. And even with a declining population it was still bigger than both DC and Boston until pretty recently.[/quote]

Believe me, Baltimore will definitely NOT be forgotten any time soon..........

Old 06-08-2016, 05:06 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,431,114 times
I full agree with the OP, without a doubt:

Most Overrated: NYC/NYC Metro

Most Underrated: Miami/Fort Lauderdale/South Florida Metro

Old 06-08-2016, 09:01 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,509,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Cities Southsider View Post
@Murkisderock. You are startin to get very weird. On what planet is Norfolk and Baltimore OVER Rated??? LMAO NO ONE talks about Norfolk or Hampton Roads LMAOHAHAHA it is one of the MOST UNDERATED metros in the country....that's the second time Ive seen you say that nonsense...I sense some hate...smh. Baltimore, overrated??? WHERE was this??? NO ONE has anything positive to say about B more...stop hatin yo. SMH.
I don't get that either. Baltimore has such a terrible reputation that overrating it is nearly impossible. Someone would have to say something positive about the place first.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:13 PM

5,819 posts, read 5,622,386 times
In real life, Baltimore gets spoken of rather highly. While most people are aware of its reputation as one of the most violent cities, a ton of people are also aware of its history, food, sports, medical, education, harbor, neighborhoods, shopping, recreation, etc. City-data at large seems to be an exaggeration of some things, and understatement of others. Baltimore is one of those cities that is more maligned in the talk of CDers than it is in people of the real world....

I've heard Baltimore spoken of positively in literally every place I've been on the East Coast. Sometimes spoken of negatively as well, but spoken of highly much, much more often...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City