Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WHICH NEW STADIUM DO YOU LIKE THE BEST
FALCONS 58 41.73%
VIKINGS 74 53.24%
BOTH 7 5.04%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 12:08 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,895,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
But Atlanta stadium is better, just look at it we'rw going to have an indoor/outdoor stadium they're not. It's many ways how the falcons stadium is better you wanna know how just say "how".
I voted for the Vikings Stadium. I think its better. I understand why they are building a new stadium, but I have no idea why the Georgia Dome is being deemed as too old and a new stadium being constructed for it. Seems like a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2014, 03:09 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,653,010 times
It literally makes no sense why Atlanta is building new stadiums. Why fix something that isn't broken.? Those stadiums look great!

Old 08-02-2014, 04:09 PM

4,661 posts, read 3,831,197 times
I really like the looks of both stadiums! Vikings stadium gets the edge in my opinion though. I say this as a Packer fan, so it doesn't have anything to do with what team I dislike less. You can appreciate a stadium regardless of what team plays there.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:07 PM

16,505 posts, read 26,155,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I was at the very first Falcons game played in the Georgia Dome -- in 1992. I covered the fan angle for a Metro ATL newspaper. The highlight was crawling out, on my hands and knees, with our photographer onto the catwalk over the center of the field, to take a birds-eye, fish-angle lens view of the packed stadium. I will never forget that day. I was in awe. IMO, the a Georgia Dome remains the finest indoor sports facility ever built -- most certainly for the sport of football. It has hosted two Super Bowls, the Olympics, more than two dozen CFBS bowl games (including the Sugar Bowl and CFA Peach Bowl) and countless SEC and ACC games, as well as the NCAA Men's Final Four (three times), the NCAA Women's Final Four (once), the Georgia High School Football Championships, and innumerable major concerts, religious crusades, marching band competitions, conventions, and movie shoots. Quite frankly, the Georgia Dome is one of the best economic investments the state of Georgia ever made. I will cry on the day its walls are imploded.
The GA dome is terrible and ugly.
Should it be torn down? Heck no, Arthur Blank is an idiot.
Can't wait to sweep them in their new tent.

Last edited by JMT; 08-03-2014 at 06:47 AM..

Old 08-02-2014, 05:11 PM

4,671 posts, read 7,359,315 times
Wow, they both look kind of terrible.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:34 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,820,836 times
The new Atlanta stadium is horribly ugly. Looks like they tried too hard.

Last edited by JMT; 08-03-2014 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: The Cowboys stadium is not part of this thread.

Old 08-02-2014, 09:22 PM

708 posts, read 996,416 times
Its the falcons new stadium is just not for football, it's for big events and a new MLS team.To add on to that we trying to host bigger events such as possibly olympics,world cups,superbowls and etc.
If you guys really know things about the georgia dome the cost of the repairs is about the same as the new stadium, so why not an new stadium in 10 years we are probably going to have an new stadium anyways for competition.

But Vikings is really just a stadium nothing new basically.But the falcons new stadium is basically more than a stadium, our stadium will be used 24 hours+ next door the convention center will get a renovation adding to the space of the current stadium (Georgia Dome) will be demolished toward the finishing touches of the stadium and will building a 800 room hotel and will be one of the top in the nation.

LIKE I mentioned about the vikings stadium its nothing compared to ours.What we are trying to do basically is make our stadium more unique and make it better than a stadium suppose to be.Within that said, Atlanta will have:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/f95e6f4e1...e74zo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/453b883a8...e74zo1_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/853dc496c...e74zo1_500.jpg
http://images.ftw.usatoday.com/wp-co...intheround.jpg
and that's not even half of the things it's going to have + what other stadium has that in this world.....NOBODY!!!

Also, the new stadium is giving millions of dollars to the surrounding neighborhood "Vine City- Known as "THE BLUFF" the largest herion market in the SOUTH And maybe the biggest in the UNITED STATES!!! And redeveloping the whole neighborhood because is really run down and it's just too much crime just for it to be right outside downtown.

Last edited by JMT; 08-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: copyright violations

Old 08-02-2014, 09:53 PM

214 posts, read 298,898 times
How is the Vikings new stadium nothing compared to yours? They are building a modern stadium with all of the expected amenities. And it won't be sharing space with a baseball team either. They are planning to build a hotel next to it and it will be skyway connected so indoor access to all of the existing hotels in downtown is figured out as well. Also its on the light rail line. You are going way too far to say its nothing compared to yours.

Looking at the design the Vikings have the better stadium. I don't see
your point as the features you are highlighting really don't seem to outdo anything about the stadium being built in Minneapolis.

Please don't accuse me of being in the Atlanta haters club. I spend 1-2 weeks there each year visiting my wife's family so I am familiar enough with Georgia to know what I am talking about. Also, it is surprising that the Georgia dome is being replaced already. The Metrodome was a dump and arguably obsolete even before construction was finished.

Last edited by JMT; 08-03-2014 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: Please just discuss the stadiums.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:10 PM

214 posts, read 298,898 times
Vikings stadium features:

Approximately 1.6 million square feet.
65,000 seats, including some of the closest in the NFL; expandable to 73,000 for a Super Bowl.
Up to 125 suites and 7,500 club seats, including suites and clubs at the field level, some of which will put fans closer to the sideline than in any other NFL stadium.
Seven levels, including two general admission concourses with 360-degree circulation and various views into the bowl.
Highest quality HD video boards in the NFL located in both the east and west end zones and video ribbon boards throughout the interior of the seating bowl.
Over 1,200 HD flat screen televisions throughout the concourse for all fans in attendance to view the game.
Capability to host more events than any other large stadium in the world, including NFL football and a Super Bowl, MLS soccer, NCAA basketball and baseball, high school sporting events, motocross, concerts, conventions, marching band competitions.
Access points to the city and stadium site from all four sides of the stadium.
Large west plaza (over two acres in size) for game day, non-game day and seasonal public gatherings as a connection to the downtown corridor.
Lightest and most efficient roof structure in the nation for a major new stadium, which will include a single large steel super truss providing primary support for the main long span roof.
Largest clear ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) roof in the world and the first on a stadium in the nation, allowing connection to the outdoors from a climate-controlled environment.
Largest glass pivoting doors in the world that will open to the west plaza.
Application for LEED-certified status.
Parking ramps with skyways from the north and south sides of the stadium and connections from the facility to the downtown skyway system.

So, it may not be open air but there is basically a giant door you can open up. I wouldn't diss the stadium being built in Atlanta but I sure wouldn't pretend its entering some uncharted territory in the world of NFL stadiums.

Old 08-02-2014, 11:12 PM

23,769 posts, read 28,911,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
...Also, the new stadium is giving millions of dollars to the surrounding neighborhood "Vine City- Known as "THE BLUFF" the largest herion market in the SOUTH And maybe the biggest in the UNITED STATES!!! And redeveloping the whole neighborhood because is really run down and it's just too much crime just for it to be right outside downtown.
sounds really nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City