Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Just because they're not a major city does not give you the right to swipe their W.
Put it back.
Read the whole conversation than give your two cents. Atleast know what the hell youre talking about....because that's not what we're talking about at all smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 08:23 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,625,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
First of all miluakee isn't a major city, saw how I said major? Like I said a lot of people find rowhomes beautiful, especially the old historical ones like in georgetown etc. it's an aquirred taste, that's your preference. If I wanted a big house and lots of land I would move out into the suburbs, what you hate is apart of city life it's crowded. You can't bash DC for row homes when that's what almost every major U.S. city has.....like I said. You must not like San francisco and New York city
because thats even worse

Saw how I said what major cities have those homes....my point exactly...barley. And miluakee isn't a major city so poor argument on your part....oh goodness.
DC population: 646,000
Milwaukee Population: 599,000

Either they both ARE major cities, or they both aren't... Pick one.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
DC population: 646,000
Milwaukee Population: 599,000

Either they both ARE major cities, or they both aren't... Pick one.
Population isn't the only factor in a major city.....you're arguments are very very weak. DC is the center of power and government....and miluakee?

Old 10-21-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Population isn't the only factor in a major city.....you're arguments are very very weak. DC is the center of power and government....and miluakee?
Vegas doesn't have them and it is certainly a major city.
Phoenix doesn't, either.
Never seen row houses in LA... Guess LA isn't major enough.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Vegas doesn't have them and it is certainly a major city.
Phoenix doesn't, either.
Never seen row houses in LA... Guess LA isn't major enough.
I'm talking about top tier cities and pheonix is not. Los Angeles does actually have old Victorian rowhome type neighborhoods but LA has not kept some of its historical architecture. Google LA rowhomes, also I don't really consider Las Vegas a top tier city or even a better way to put it on the same level as NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, DC. It's a major tourist destination but.....can't think of anything else.

I would be more pleased if you used better arguments, like really? Phoenix? Should've atleast said miami then that wouldve proved me wrong like I said before. Very very weak but most major cities have rowhomes. Keyword......MOST

Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about top tier cities and pheonix is not. Los Angeles does actually have old Victorian rowhome type neighborhoods but LA has not kept some of its historical architecture. Google LA rowhomes, also I don't really consider Las Vegas a top tier city or even a better way to put it on the same level as NYC, San Francisco, Chicago, DC. It's a major tourist destination but.....can't think of anything else.

I would be more pleased if you used better arguments, like really? Phoenix? Should've atleast said miami then that wouldve proved me wrong like I said before. Very very weak but most major cities have rowhomes. Keyword......MOST
You are trying to break down what qualifies as a major city by what it attracts... Which is a total joke. If a city is attracting people and business to it, does it really matter what it is?

Las Vegas attracts 40 million people a year including nearly 10 million international visitors putting money into America's economy... Maybe the useless neckties in DC should take note.

Las Vegas had over 22,000 conventions in 2013 drawing 5.1 million attendees... Apparently that's nothing major., either.

Guess you're a bit out of touch as to how significant Las Vegas is.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
You are trying to break down what qualifies as a major city by what it attracts... Which is a total joke. If a city is attracting people and business to it, does it really matter what it is?

Las Vegas attracts 40 million people a year including nearly 10 million international visitors putting money into America's economy... Maybe the useless neckties in DC should take note.

Las Vegas had over 22,000 conventions in 2013 drawing 5.1 million attendees... Apparently that's nothing major., either.

Guess you're a bit out of touch as to how significant Las Vegas is.
Why are you putting words into my mouth.....I never said anything about how much a city attracts business wise etc. Since your points were invalid and weak now you have to make it seem like I said things I clearly never brought up. Maybe you should go back read what I said again....weak and failed big time once again.

Seems to be that you're a bit out of touch with literacy.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Why are you putting words into my mouth.....I never said anything about how much a city attracts business wise etc. Since your points were invalid and weak now you have to make it seem like I said things I clearly never brought up. Maybe you should go back read what I said again....weak and failed big time once again.

Seems to be that you're a bit out of touch with literacy.
I guess you are done talking major cities now since there was no real response there. The numbers clearly spoke for themselves and I got a nice deflection/political response.
Repping DC quite well.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:45 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,204,594 times
Quote:
I guess you are done talking major cities now since there was no real response there. The numbers clearly spoke for themselves and I got a nice deflection/political response.
Repping DC quite well.
Ok.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Repping DC quite well.
I do not live in DC and you have had no good arguments. You tried to use any excuse such as miluakee to Phoenix from changing the subject to changing my words. Also, it's late some people have to wake up early and do progressive things in their life. It was fun arguing with such a bigot, goodnight

Btw, DC > Las Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City