Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago or DC: Which city is faster-paced?
Chicago 145 60.92%
DC 93 39.08%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 10:45 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,741,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy K View Post
Sigh

You confuse new 10 story buildings as interesting.
I was there two years ago.
It feels bland, honestly. It might as well be ballston, and I don't say that in a good way.

South Park in LA or south loop in Chicago are adding new construction, but still retain older, renovated buildings.

That's why it's more interesting to me see Chicago and LA infill their commercial corridors with housing.
Koreatown and Hollywood are going to be special. I
The amenities are already in place.

. Dcs new buildings won't have interesting retail/restaurants because the rent is too high.

If that's your thing, that's your thing. I don't see a lot of people saying "let's go hang on m St sw"

.....unless it's that Arlington type crowd.
Well, a lot of people love DC. You don't have to, that's why you don't live here anymore. You can enjoy your city wherever you live and we will enjoy DC. I love DC and always will. GoGo is still alive and well with bands playing every week. The cities nightlife is growing and spreading to new areas. DC has never been better in my opinion. Be happy where you are. You don't have to come back to DC.

Chicago and LA are too dirty for me. I need new buildings with roof top pools and outdoor video screens on the roof which you get in buildings in DC. Those cities need a good power wash and paint job.

By the way, all the new restaurants are in new buildings. I only eat at chef driven restaurants and I don't do cheap food so hole in the walls are out. I'm not eating rats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2016, 10:54 PM

Quote:
You don't see anywhere near the amount of taxis in DC like you do in Chicago

Anyone will notice that.
Actually, he is talking about factual information. This is a hard count, not a "how many taxis I see when I walked to the store" statement like you are making. DC does have more taxis. There is a national list for this.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:57 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Well, a lot of people love DC. You don't have to, that's why you don't live here anymore. You can enjoy your city wherever you live and we will enjoy DC. I love DC and always will. GoGo is still alive and well with bands playing every week. The cities nightlife is growing and spreading to new areas. DC has never been better in my opinion. Be happy where you are. You don't have to come back to DC.

Chicago and LA are too dirty for me. I need new buildings with roof top pools and outdoor video screens on the roof which you get in buildings in DC. Those cities need a good power wash and paint job.

By the way, all the new restaurants are in new buildings. I only eat at chef driven restaurants and I don't do cheap food so hole in the walls are out. I'm not eating rats.
Most pretentious comment of the month congrats lmao.

Old 04-27-2016, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Most pretentious comment of the month congrats lmao.
Just saying....you can eat rats or dogs if you want. I need to see your insurance papers and inspection grade first.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,436,102 times
Most of those places have a a grade. Oh well.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Just saying....you can eat rats or dogs if you want. I need to see your insurance papers and inspection grade first.
LOL...This is low key....actually very high key ridiculous. "I only eat at chef driven restaurants" which is why D.C. is never brought up in best restaurant cities. Yes, I only eat cat dung and cow poo in many restaurants in cities not named D.C.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:04 PM

Most of the smaller places In LA have a a grade.
The food is usually fresher to.
Don't bother comparing the food between the two lol.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you like bland and sterile things. Like the exciting Arlington crowd.

There's a reason why those tods are so lifeless.

LA and Chicago have plenty of new buildings. They're just not surrounded by dullness.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Most of the smaller places In LA have a a grade.
The food is usually fresher to.
Don't bother comparing the food between the two lol.
L.A. is different though cause you'll have a 5 star yelped place in a strip mall.

Hell, even the Spot on Pico would be too much for the bourgeoisie. How D.C. could make L.A. look bougie is crazy to me.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
LOL...This is low key....actually very high key ridiculous. "I only eat at chef driven restaurants" which is why D.C. is never brought up in best restaurant cities. Yes, I only eat cat dung and cow poo in many restaurants in cities not named D.C.
DC food sucks.
I
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City