Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has a worse winter?
Minneapolis 283 82.51%
Seattle 60 17.49%
Voters: 343. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 10:09 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,601,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifat View Post
Where are the moderators when people like jdaelectro freely run amok, hijacking threads for the sake of being obnoxious and annoying? Enough of this inanity.
So you get called on your irrational and incoherent diatribe, and now the sky is falling? Grow up.

You claimed a person was committing a logical fallacy, when they weren't. This was all connected with the thread topic, so no, it wasn't 'hijacked'. It's obvious that you are a bully.

Minneapolis has much worse winters than Seattle. Take care, friend.

Last edited by jdaelectro; 12-12-2014 at 10:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 11:00 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
So you get called on your irrational and incoherent diatribe, and now the sky is falling? Grow up.
Do you hear yourself? The only person here I see slinging irrational and incoherent diatribe is you.

Quote:
You claimed a person was committing a logical fallacy, when they weren't. This was all connected with the thread topic, so no, it wasn't 'hijacked'. It's obvious that you are a bully.
Ankhharu specifically said that it's "not true at all" that people live here because they enjoy it. How is that not a fallacy? Your inability to understand a simple concept is perplexing.

Quote:
Minneapolis has much worse winters than Seattle. Take care, friend.
Minneapolis is colder in the winter. Yes. No one has argued that.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:00 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,675,454 times
In general, Seattle is filled with douches now. It's a shame.

Old 12-13-2014, 08:30 AM

198 posts, read 259,263 times
Right now it's 44 F in both, except there's obviously the timezone difference. Yes, Minneapolis winters are definitely colder, and although Seattle's winters are dreary, MSP's aren't exactly sunshine-y.
So if ya like the cold, MSP is this place to go in the winter!

Old 12-13-2014, 12:31 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,983,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
In general, Seattle is filled with douches now. It's a shame.
It's still not nearly as bad as Portland. It's amazing what that city does to people.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Do you hear yourself?
What does that even mean?

Quote:
Ankhharu specifically said that it's "not true at all" that people live here because they enjoy it. How is that not a fallacy?
I already explained what you are asking for. You used San Diego in a fallacious statement yourself, and refuse to acknowledge it. Then you exhibited behavior of someone with major control issues, by stomping your feet and asking for moderators. Is that how you have a discussion in person?
Quote:
Your inability to understand a simple concept is perplexing.
I fully understand what you tried to do, but your attempt was in error.

Quote:
Minneapolis is colder in the winter. Yes. No one has argued that.
I said 'worse', not colder. That is what the thread is all about. Not whether Minneapolis is colder than Seattle or not. Didn't you say something about 'understanding simple concepts'?

Old 12-13-2014, 09:41 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,088,003 times
I find it peculiar how someone who blames another of exhibiting "major control issues" can't resist sustaining a trite and futile argument.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:52 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,909,459 times
Is this poll some kind of joke? LOL! It's not even a contest - anybody who thinks that Seattle has a worse winter than Minneapolis is a n00b. Seattle averages 5 total inches of snow between December and February with highs averaging the upper 40s. Minneapolis averages highs in the lower to upper 20s with an average of about 32 inches of snow December thru February

The only thing Seattle has worse than Minneapolis is that it gets less sunshine. Then again, not everyone breaks down and cries when the sun isn't shining. What would you rather have in the winter - cloudy and around 50 degrees or partly cloudy, 25 degrees for a high with a snow storm once a week or once every other week?

Old 12-13-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
I find it peculiar how someone who blames another of exhibiting "major control issues" can't resist sustaining a trite and futile argument.
Aren't all arguments on this board, trite and futile? That is the nature of discussion. The difference is, I won't try to sic a moderator on you. . .(the control issue aspect)

I'm sure Minneapolis has many things to offer, besides having a lot worse winters than Seattle. If anything, the fact that it has yielded an intelligent person such as yourself, would make anyone want to visit.

Be safe

Old 12-14-2014, 06:52 PM

305 posts, read 416,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
because people who live in Minneapolis or the Midwest didn't argue about their weather. Someone explained to us about 10 times how you can build a snowman all winter, how you can snowmobile or play ice hockey every day and how you can drive a car in frigid weather. He didn't care what others think and didn't try to explain why they are "wrong".
Never said anything about how no one ever did it back then, Im talking about the raw volume/number of people now, compared to how many people did it back then. And I didnt say anything about people in Seattle arguing about their own weather amongst themselves, I was talking about people in Seattle vs non Seattlites justifying their supposedly non-flawed weather. When it didnt used to be like that. (Or at least not nearly as much) Its like with so many people going up there, they all NEED to feel its the perfect move so they need to debate anyone who says anything negative. Clearly , with people moving up there from other regions, there are alot more personality types coming out of there now, I guess fiestiness and douchebagery are amongst them. All in all though, most of Seattle is cool, literally, cool, as in passive. Just the recent people I dont care for. (2011+ as far as noticing the posters/posts on CD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Nobody was saying all people love the cold sunny days in Minneapolis, they were just saying it can be nicer than some are making it out to be, and even preferable to cold rain (now I have the song "November Rain" going through my head!).

I live in Cleveland now so I know what you mean, but can say that without the snow this winter so far really sucks. If it's going to be cold anyways please just snow so I can take the kids outside and play. This weather (gloomy, cold and damp) is not for me (MN also gets it, but it's not an entire season).
Yeah, I never noticed how gloomy CLE was when I was first up there, but after being in sunny Georgia/the south, and going back up there to visit fam in the winter, I could see how gloomy it is, it was gray for 4 days straight, and waking up to gloom is kinda downpulling(opposite of uplifitng, get it? ) for me, I mean its not like, depressing, but just seeing GLOOM and DOOM most the days WITH cold makes my soul freeze, I dont really be in the mood to do anything but sit in the house and I hate that feeling, makes me feel all slouchy, dull, and dark. And My Uncle would come in the room and open the blinds and Id just think in my head like... you may as well leave the things closed! Lol

But I can see how Seattle natives say the gloom doesnt bother them. Cause when I first lived in Cleveland I saw NOTHING wrong with the gloom, it was so normal to me, I was used to being in dull moods from looking at it all the time, and I guess I was happily dull and gloomy if that makes sense (overcast days are almost exactly the same as Seattle, minus the rain). But once you are used to seeing so much sun everyday in the south, its really uplifting and just.. bright. Like I like to go for walks/jogs and stuff down here. I wasnt even in the mood to exercise cause it was so gloomy. And another thing I NEVER thought would bother me, being on flat land everywhere. When you live in hills and go back to flat, its all bland and boring, and weird feeling, jogs are amost no fun on all flat land too, and the landscape doesnt look beautiful at all when everything is flat. Its so weird I was raised Midwestern but I feel more Southern than anything now. (Though I did spend all my young kid days in Atlanta too).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City