Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has nicer winter weather: Miami or LA
Miami 80 51.61%
Los Angeles 75 48.39%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:52 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
L.A-Mex is the laughingstock of the weather forum. You should see all the stuff he posts there about L.A's "godly heat".
I can only imagine and am not surprised to hear that, he thinks he's an expert on Bay Area weather too lol.

He loves to use temps taken at the SoMa pier as evidence of LA's balmy winter nights but will quickly dismiss it for when it comes to summer high temps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 12:57 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I can only imagine and am not surprised to hear that, he thinks he's an expert on Bay Area weather too lol.

He loves to use temps taken at the SoMa pier as evidence of LA's balmy winter nights but will quickly dismiss it for when it comes to summer high temps.
Yes and he created a thread about LA's weather in 2050 with a note that scientists estimate temps in LA to increase by 5 degrees by that time. Brilliant, he found a way to pad LA's weather. I say this as an LA native...I don't get why he is bent on painting such a "rosy" picture on weather that already pretty damn nice.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:59 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,768,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Thank you! Don't know why the L.A. posters just can't let this one go! You don't see me bragging about the superior winter weather of Philly or NYC lol. Just be like Frozen and Let it Go. Miami is warmer on average and has warmer water temperatures. Period. L.A. is great. The best winter weather city, it is not.
Hey, LA native here, I voted for Miami. No question that Miami's winter weather is the best in the continental U.S. Unless someone prefers cold weather in which case neither LA or Miami would win.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:25 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,627,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLegal View Post
Yes and he created a thread about LA's weather in 2050 with a note that scientists estimate temps in LA to increase by 5 degrees by that time. Brilliant, he found a way to pad LA's weather. I say this as an LA native...I don't get why he is bent on painting such a "rosy" picture on weather that already pretty damn nice.
I think he is insecure and wishes weather, especially on the coast, was warmer and balmier than it actually is. Just look at a previous post in the thread talking about all the 70 degree lows this past summer yet of course he didn't point out how much warmer than normal the ocean and temps were. I love the weather in coastal SoCal but there were times I wished it was warmer both on land and in the ocean, it was still incredibly comfortable though. But I don't try to pretend it's something it's not. He's probably salivating at the thought of the coast being 5 degrees warmer on average and can't wait for 2050 to roll around LOL.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:12 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times
Yeah, South Floridas year round warmth and humidity is often used as a criticism for Floridas weather. The fact that a LA poster is trying to make coastal CA seem like some balmy ball of warmth in the winter is quite strange and obsessive. Wait til' the summer time when someone makes an LA vs Miami summer weather thread. I'm sure he'll present coastal LA as a windy, cool, natural AC.

Old 12-29-2014, 08:06 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,224,536 times
If I had to choose between the two for a winter beach vacation, Miami would obviously win, mainly for the warmer daytime highs, warmer nighttime lows and warmer water temperature. Does anyone really go to LA in the winter for a beach vacation?
If Coconut Palms can flourish, then the climate is ideal!

Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qworldorder View Post
Thank you! Don't know why the L.A. posters just can't let this one go! You don't see me bragging about the superior winter weather of Philly or NYC lol. Just be like Frozen and Let it Go. Miami is warmer on average and has warmer water temperatures. Period. L.A. is great. The best winter weather city, it is not.
It's not all LA/SoCal posters doing this. In fact, most people voting for LA have never been there and live outside of California. Then there is LA-Mex, who we already know is ridiculous. Most CA posters agree that Miami has better winter weather.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,201,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Miami has nothing on LA in weather ( or anything really).

LA is known for having some of the best climates in the world. LA has an array of microclimates that Miami lacks, we have coastal, basin, and valley/inland specific microclimates, some warmer than Miami (in the day).

Winter weather on the other hand isn't as lopsided as you would think considering LA has microclimates that aren't too different with winters being low 70s/upper 40s.
We already all know that you're lying about LA's weather--just admit already that 50sF are above the average low temp, and LA averages 60sF as high temps in winter! We ALL know this!!

Besides, even if it DID see low 70sF as a winter high, Miami still defeats LA for winter weather simply because, outside of a few cold days, Miami sees warmer nighttime, daytime, and ocean temperatures than Los Angeles. Thus, making it a better place in winter to experience warm weather. The microclimates do not matter--for winter warmth, Miami easily wins and it ain't a contest.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 PM

276 posts, read 330,432 times
Los Angeles because it's cooler and less rain. Miami is more comfortably warm, but I like winters to be cooler.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 PM

19 posts, read 18,844 times
LA, all day, every day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City