U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has nicer winter weather: Miami or LA
Miami 80 52.63%
Los Angeles 72 47.37%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:41 PM

5,302 posts, read 8,667,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
Los Angeles because it's cooler and less rain. Miami is more comfortably warm, but I like winters to be cooler.
LA actually experiences most of its rainfall in the winter months. Miami sees very little rain in winter, since that is the dry season down there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 03:15 PM

2,412 posts, read 2,027,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr! Two nights of below freezing in a row. Very unusual for us but it proves that L.A. is not completely frostproof.
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCA0638:1:US

not a day below freezing (USC) , nice try though.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Or how about you actually produce some data that supports your assertion about Downtown Santa Monica? I don't really care about your trip to Bubba Gump lol.

So the wind made it feel colder? GET OUT! LOL. Still doesn't mean the temp was actually lower though. Also they don't take the temperature in the sun. God you really know less about weather than I already thought LOL.
i was just sharing my experience, and showing how it indeed is wamer.

i know its not taken under the sun, but on 3rd street standing in the sun is much warmer than standing in the sun on the pier.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrandNewWorld View Post
L.A-Mex is the laughingstock of the weather forum. You should see all the stuff he posts there about L.A's "godly heat".
please show me the "godly heat".

i think by far you are the most ridiculous forumer on here, may i remind you you created over 40 counterfeiter accounts in the santa barbara vs melbourne thread. may i also remind you of the countless accounts you made named after me saying gross things (LA Mex is gay, ****LAMex, etc).

i really feel sorry for you.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I can only imagine and am not surprised to hear that, he thinks he's an expert on Bay Area weather too lol.

He loves to use temps taken at the SoMa pier as evidence of LA's balmy winter nights but will quickly dismiss it for when it comes to summer high temps.
then forget the pier and use Getty Center data, how about that?

and its a fact LA on average is at least 10 F warmer than the Bay Area.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I think he is insecure and wishes weather, especially on the coast, was warmer and balmier than it actually is. Just look at a previous post in the thread talking about all the 70 degree lows this past summer yet of course he didn't point out how much warmer than normal the ocean and temps were. I love the weather in coastal SoCal but there were times I wished it was warmer both on land and in the ocean, it was still incredibly comfortable though. But I don't try to pretend it's something it's not. He's probably salivating at the thought of the coast being 5 degrees warmer on average and can't wait for 2050 to roll around LOL.
if anybody loves LA Area's climate its me, and i dont paint it as something its not, im providing facts, facts arent fake, think whatever you want.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:24 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,469,027 times
You'll get various opinions here, but my vote would go to LA as having a much more attractive overall climate than Miami.

I've been to both cities quite a number of times in various seasons and the higher humidity in Miami would be the biggest negative factor for me. For several reasons (and I can give you many), I much prefer dry air to more humid air. I generally feel much more energetic in dry air than humid air.

Last edited by jasper1372; 12-29-2014 at 03:33 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, South Floridas year round warmth and humidity is often used as a criticism for Floridas weather. The fact that a LA poster is trying to make coastal CA seem like some balmy ball of warmth in the winter is quite strange and obsessive. Wait til' the summer time when someone makes an LA vs Miami summer weather thread. I'm sure he'll present coastal LA as a windy, cool, natural AC.
im not proving coastal LA is warmer, wtf are you guys reading.

ive said it before, Miamim is warmer in winter look at the fuc*ing averages, its not rocket science, all im arguing about is some points other posters on here keep getting wrong.

like hawaii4ever arguing parts of LA dont see average winter highs in the 70s, i provide NOAA data, and yet somehow him, and all of you think im BS, and think im arguing that LA is warmer than Miami in winter.

DAMN

Old 12-29-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
We already all know that you're lying about LA's weather--just admit already that 50sF are above the average low temp, and LA averages 60sF as high temps in winter! We ALL know this!!

Besides, even if it DID see low 70sF as a winter high, Miami still defeats LA for winter weather simply because, outside of a few cold days, Miami sees warmer nighttime, daytime, and ocean temperatures than Los Angeles. Thus, making it a better place in winter to experience warm weather. The microclimates do not matter--for winter warmth, Miami easily wins and it ain't a contest.
you dont get it do you.

LOS ANGELES is a city of microclimates.

coastal locations see the 50s low temps, the rest of LA sees 40s.

the area ive pointed out time and time again is 70 F+ and above. the rest of LA is mid 60s to upper 60s.

micro climates do matter for winter warmth, LAX is 65 F in winter, East LA is 71 F, all NOAA data, dont even say im wrong, because this is NOAA data here.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:35 PM

16,127 posts, read 26,931,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
then forget the pier and use Getty Center data, how about that?

and its a fact LA on average is at least 10 F warmer than the Bay Area.
So you found one location on land in all of the Greater LA with an average winter low of 50 or above...Congrats? Maybe it's all the vehicle exhaust from the 405 keeping it so warm lol. Now that you have found that one location lets see how often you use that and try to portray that as the typical low for a large area of Los Angeles despite pretty much every other official weather stations showing lows in the 40's.

10 degrees warmer during the DAY, yeah. But at night, NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or