U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city has nicer winter weather: Miami or LA
Miami 80 52.63%
Los Angeles 72 47.37%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:09 PM

5,073 posts, read 7,920,636 times

Advertisements

Miami has been in the 80s all this week while LA has been in the 50s.

Miami wins.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 09:32 PM

2,343 posts, read 2,967,092 times
Oh my GOD!!! The 50's???

Break out the Parkas and the snow boots! Build an Igloo! That's soooo cold! Run for your lives, Angelenos! Get out while you can, before you're buried underneath an avalanche!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:45 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,422,721 times
This is my Orange County suburb; it's snowing the nearby hills with flurries possible down in the valleys late tonight. Back up to the 70s next week.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:49 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,027,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Miami has been in the 80s all this week while LA has been in the 50s.

Miami wins.
Our first day in the 50s will be tomorrow, some places will still see 60s, like Lakewood.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:26 AM

5,302 posts, read 8,668,768 times
Nope--many spots in LA have already seen low 60sF and upper 50sF for highs. Eough of your lying to make LA warmer than it actually is. We all know the truth and accept it, besides you.

Old 12-31-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Nope--many spots in LA have already seen low 60sF and upper 50sF for highs. Eough of your lying to make LA warmer than it actually is. We all know the truth and accept it, besides you.
Hey, it was you the guy crying about cherypicking, now LA as a whole hasn't seen 50s yet, nor 30s, so stop.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:02 AM

7,601 posts, read 9,792,260 times
everyone knows California has many microclimates.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:23 AM

5,302 posts, read 8,668,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
Hey, it was you the guy crying about cherypicking, now LA as a whole hasn't seen 50s yet, nor 30s, so stop.
Not everywhere in LA saw those temps, but many places in LA did. You, however, say that NOWHERE in LA has seen those temps.

Oh, and btw, since you believe that Orange County is part of LA, and OC HAS seen those temps, as shown by ABrandNewWorld, then you should admit you're wrong.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Not everywhere in LA saw those temps, but many places in LA did. You, however, say that NOWHERE in LA has seen those temps.

Oh, and btw, since you believe that Orange County is part of LA, and OC HAS seen those temps, as shown by ABrandNewWorld, then you should admit you're wrong.
AS A WHOLE IT HASNT SEEN THOSE TEMPS.

I am in Costa Mesa now, in OC, it hasn't dropped below mid 40s, but it's very windy and all days have recorded highs above 60F, that's OC, so it's not wrong.

I didn't say nowhere saw 30s, they did, I even said so, LA as a whole didn't though.

Costa Mesa and the rest of OC saw the weather Im explaining, mission viejo, according to Google weather ( ABrandNewWorld's source, as she constantly posts different sources to match her wishes), is going to see 37 F low, that proves what? Oh yeah, that OC as a whole didn't see those temps.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:44 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,422,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.-Mex View Post
AS A WHOLE IT HASNT SEEN THOSE TEMPS.

I am in Costa Mesa now, in OC, it hasn't dropped below mid 40s, but it's very windy and all days have recorded highs above 60F, that's OC, so it's not wrong.

I didn't say nowhere saw 30s, they did, I even said so, LA as a whole didn't though.

Costa Mesa and the rest of OC saw the weather Im explaining, mission viejo, according to Google weather ( ABrandNewWorld's source, as she constantly posts different sources to match her wishes), is going to see 37 F low, that proves what? Oh yeah, that OC as a whole didn't see those temps.
1. I'm not a "she" or a "her". I'm male.

2. I'll be out of town for the next few days and am not taking my laptop with me. I won't waste my ipad battery life, time, or energy to check the forums on citydata, let alone post. I'll also be surrounded by family and be expected to socialize with them.

3. I'm done arguing with you as I was requested not to use citydata forum as a "bickering playground."

4. We're going to pass through the mountains on this trip we're going on and will make a stop to romp and play in the snow! While I'd hate to live in a climate that got snow regularly at winter, it's still fun to visit once in a while and one of the perks of living in Southern California rather than a tropical or warm subtropical climate, is, for us, snow is a short drive away!

5. Do you want to build a snowman? I am going hopefully make one later today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUEk3oWnVY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or