Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Austin, Texas 57 25.22%
Seattle, Washington 152 67.26%
I like both equally 17 7.52%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 AM

165 posts, read 206,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:

Pretty silly to say one city is better because of a firework display
and another isn't because of the weather and protecting the
safety of it's citizens.
Weird, because people come to these boards all the time (usually the ones who've never visited)
compaining about the constant rain and gray skies and drizzle in Seattle.

I'm looking out my window now and see the bluest skies you've ever seen..... sunny and clear as a bell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 02:39 PM

207 posts, read 345,493 times
The fireworks aren't happening because of the weather here in austin creating freezing temps and potentially icing roads. And when a city like austin rarely deals with these situations and doesn't have the capability to deal with iced roads then I think people will get over it. Fireworks incising people to go out in these roads and share them with potentially drunk drivers? All for 10 minutes of fireworks? Lol you people crack me up. Plus we can buy and blow out own fireworks here in Texas.. No need to go downtown. And the tv you have will broadcast a gazillion other firework displays that I'm sure no one here cares about.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:40 PM

And I wasn't even talking about Seattle weather... As stated Above..

However since you wanted to brag about your 1 day every dew weeks of sunshine.. Congrats bud

Old 12-31-2014, 02:57 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
Seattle's fall and winter has actually been very dry and sunny this year. It truly hasn't rained much this fall/winter, and right now it's sunny and clear outside.

Old 12-31-2014, 08:36 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,809,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
Seattle's fall and winter has actually been very dry and sunny this year. It truly hasn't rained much this fall/winter, and right now it's sunny and clear outside.
Yes, the jet stream has taken a dive south and sending moisture to California and the Southwest. Believe me, we are doing raindances down here! El Niño is fantastic!

Old 12-31-2014, 10:01 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,883,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
Yes, the jet stream has taken a dive south and sending moisture to California and the Southwest. Believe me, we are doing raindances down here! El Niño is fantastic!
SoCal much appreciates some moisture, I'm sure! We're not complaining here up north, though. If by some chance global warming can alter Seattle's climate to be more akin to the Bay Area, I'd be a happy camper.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:16 PM

165 posts, read 206,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north2south. View Post

However since you wanted to brag about your 1 day every dew weeks of sunshine.. Congrats bud
No bragging
I was mearly pointing out one of the subjects in your original post about the differences between the two cities.
Weather was one of them.
If you don't like the answers, don't ask the questions, "bud".

Here's something to brag about; You can brag about the points you lose in the weather catagory just for your wussification due to weather.
(Imagine if Austin had real hills like Seattle)

Old 01-02-2015, 03:31 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,595,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north2south. View Post

Just an observation here. I have no idea how old you are, but if I were to guess based solely off of the juvenile tone of your posts, my guess would be somewhere between 13 and 18.

I'm really not even sure why you started this thread/poll, if you already had such a heavy bias. I have seen you repeatedly, and quite immaturely criticize anybody who posts in favor of the "other city". I guess you just expected Austin to take this by a landslide, and without opposition, huh?

Oh well.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:04 PM

245 posts, read 323,770 times
Austin is a nice city, Seattle is borderline(probably IS by most standards) world class. No contest in 2015, maybe more-so in 50 years.

Last edited by DenverBound41; 01-02-2015 at 05:15 PM..

Old 01-02-2015, 05:21 PM

Haha yeah I totally did.. No I actually think it's quite entertaining to see some of the responses poll like these garnish. I think a lot of what's said in this thread and this entire forum is complete bias. Half of the threads have posters who have never even been to the cities in the conversation. I am double he age you believe me to be.. And yeah I like austin a lot but have never been short of telling it's shortcomings (traffic, public transportation (don't care don't use it), road infrastructure, Italian food dining options etc) however I don't think Seattle is all it's cracked up to be. I think people on this forum overhype it so much all because it has the space needle and some mountains. Cool. It's a nice city but it really isn't all it's hyped up to be. And sure so is austin (overhyped) too. If I really cared or got upset what you thought about austin I sure as hell wouldn't have just purchased the house I did. So good one. Pretty much everything in a city vs city is personal opinion.. Weather, scenery, skyline, food, and such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City