Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 03:12 PM

92 posts, read 112,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
a division is not an msa. Sorry about that.

I hereby modify my msa comment to reflect "in recent decades" rather than ever.

I certainly agree that the dallas-fort worth-arlington msa is much larger than the las vegas-paradise msa.
we get it. You're one of those dorks who is always right. You probably also wear sunglasses inside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2015, 03:28 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,718,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
we get it. You're one of those dorks who is always right. You probably also wear sunglasses inside
And then there are the groups that always resort to personal attacks as they lose an argument.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:20 PM

1,624 posts, read 2,018,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
A division is not an MSA. Sorry about that.

I hereby modify my MSA comment to reflect "in recent decades" rather than ever.

I certainly agree that the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington MSA is much larger than the Las Vegas-Paradise MSA.
Just give up you are wrong.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:47 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,718,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Just give up you are wrong.
Really how clever...

So a Metropolitan Division is the same as a Metropolitan Statistical Area?

I am sure the feds will be glad to receive your enlightenment. You should write them...

Or you have reached the conclusion that Las Vegas-Paradise is in fact larger than Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington?

I think that, if true, is really going to annoy the Texans..

Old 06-10-2015, 11:04 PM

20,500 posts, read 33,308,823 times
This was my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Las Vegas is closer to the size of OKC than it is to the size of Dallas MSA alone let alone the entire DFW is the point.
Whether you want to disregard that it was in fact it's own freestanding MSA at one time or not hardly changes the fact that even without the FW side, Las Vegas-Paradise is still closer to the size of OKC than it is to Dallas.

Old 06-11-2015, 05:40 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,089,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentMimes View Post
You probably also wear sunglasses inside
It's OK if they're prescription, and it's still way better than loafers in shorts without socks.

Old 02-18-2016, 08:15 AM

2,266 posts, read 1,555,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
COL - Vegas... No state income tax and property tax is less than 1%. Property in general is extremely cheap and since most homes are very new, your utilities stay low with the help of efficient homes.

Recreation - There is year-round nice weather in Vegas and you can be outside almost any part of the year comfortably. There are many arks and trails surrounding Vegas, some of which rise in elevation quite a bit which provides relief in the Summer.
Nightlife is obviously among the best the country has to offer. Also plenty of low key places scattered throughout town that offer live music and such.

Quality of Life - Since the cost of living is so low, homes are so affordable and you can be outdoors year round, I would also give this one to Vegas. It is very easy to get yourself in a good position and live comfortably.

Education - Denver... Although Vegas is home to some fantastic magnet schools, the fact that it is ONE giant school district makes it unique. Sometimes for better and sometimes for worse. Since Vegas tends to be on the transient side, that can also mean teachers are coming and going too.
Vegas also has MASSIVE schools and not a lot of people like that. My wife teaches at a high school here and there are over 3,000 students.
State income Tax - None. Sure, they gotta incentivize people to stay and use gambling revenue to offset.

Recreation and year round nice weather??? 2 months in winter it's 30-40 degrees, and the summer forget it. 105-120 degrees with furnace type winds in your face. 90-95 degrees at night.

Quality of Life ?? Vegas - homeless beggers on the streets in many areas DT, SW, parks, hookers etc.

Education - CCSD is consistently ranked the worst in the country !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City