Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which has the better and more varied nightlife scene?
Milwaukee 36 72.00%
Indianapolis 14 28.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:01 AM

9,598 posts, read 9,189,012 times

Advertisements

Indiana governor signs religious freedom bill.

Ind. Governor Mike Pence signs religious freedom bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:54 PM

8,938 posts, read 17,157,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post

Oh good, now Indiana has caught up to Tennessee which had a law like this already.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:01 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,893,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post

Wonder how long it is before Scott Walker follows suit.

Old 03-26-2015, 04:19 PM

6,514 posts, read 8,384,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Indy is only slightly larger than Milwaukee, but Milwaukee's proximity to the lake and Chicago makes it more valuable I believe. Not being familiar with Milwaukee yet since I'm new to the Chicagoland area I'm curious how you think it stacks up against a city I am somewhat familiar with, Indianapolis. So how do they compare?
Only if you cannot afford Chicago, IMHO. I could say the same thing about Akron and Cleveland; just pick one city already stop trying to get the best of both worlds. In most cases, you'll get consumed with one city and you never visit that other city being close to was supposed to be such a great deal. If you want Chicago, then just move to Chicago and get it over with.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:20 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,893,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Only if you cannot afford Chicago, IMHO. I could say the same thing about Akron and Cleveland; just pick one city already stop trying to get the best of both worlds. In most cases, you'll get consumed with one city and you never visit that other city being close to was supposed to be such a great deal. If you want Chicago, then just move to Chicago and get it over with.
There is a lot of traveling of residents between Milwaukee and Chicago, goes both ways. Though it's smaller many Chicagoans like aspects of Milwaukee, and of course when it comes to Milwaukee residents there is much that attracts them to visit Chicago. Being close to a few large metro areas usually has advantages over only being close to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City