Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 01:28 AM

6,900 posts, read 8,267,952 times

Advertisements

Happiest cities to Work: Top 10 Miami #1 and Sacramento #2

No. 2 Happiest Place To Work: Sacramento, California - In Photos: The 10 Happiest And Unhappiest Cities To Work In Right Now - Forbes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 03:15 AM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
D.C. and Hartford as happiest cities to work

Old 01-18-2015, 03:58 AM

3,814 posts, read 4,009,493 times
As an LA native, the only thing I hate about Sacramento is the obnoxious Bay Area people who move here. Bay Areans are the worst. They will ruin the laid back/unpretentious vibe of the town if too many of them come here and form a critical mass.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:44 AM

338 posts, read 556,509 times
Miami woot woot!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:50 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
So now we know; the happiest place on earth is really only the 4th happiest place to work.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:03 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardOfRadical View Post
As an LA native, the only thing I hate about Sacramento is the obnoxious Bay Area people who move here. Bay Areans are the worst. They will ruin the laid back/unpretentious vibe of the town if too many of them come here and form a critical mass.
Well it's a good thing you don't come off obnoxious at all as an LA native....

Old 01-18-2015, 03:22 PM

68 posts, read 109,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Well it's a good thing you don't come off obnoxious at all as an LA native....
Sav does have a point. From 1980-2000, a lot of people from LA and the Bay Area moved to Sacramento in search of greener pastures and cheaper, easier living. These people assimilated into Sac's laid back culture while at the same time raising it's profile and sheer size. Sac was always a decent place, but is now better than ever.

Whereas the Bay Area simply hasn't been the same since the first dot-com boom around 2000. Snob element and prices have gone through the roof. Lots of East Coast transplants have changed the culture of SF and made it the most "East Coast" of western cities. Despite it's natural beauty, I honestly don't enjoy going there anymore. The people are unfriendly and give off a Gavin Newsom "uggghh" vibe. Gavin Newsom on Sacramento: “Ugh, God.” - City Insider They think their city is God's gift to man and are content with it's filthy sidewalks and crumbling infrastructure.

Really hoping that the snobby SF crowd takes Newson's words to heart so that Sac can remain in some sense "undiscovered". I'm not a STOP person. I love the direction things are headed and look forward to having more tourists (SMF + ski packages), big events (NBA All Star game), and the like, but would rather the snobs in the Bay Area stay put. Sac has a perfect balance of west coast/midwestern/weather/value/diverse/liberal/conservative that would be ruined by the SF mindset.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:00 PM

14 posts, read 18,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
D.C. and Hartford as happiest cities to work
Yeah i dont agree with dc and hardfort ethier like seriousley

Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,206,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbt263 View Post
sav does have a point. From 1980-2000, a lot of people from la and the bay area moved to sacramento in search of greener pastures and cheaper, easier living. These people assimilated into sac's laid back culture while at the same time raising it's profile and sheer size. Sac was always a decent place, but is now better than ever.

Whereas the bay area simply hasn't been the same since the first dot-com boom around 2000. Snob element and prices have gone through the roof. Lots of east coast transplants have changed the culture of sf and made it the most "east coast" of western cities. Despite it's natural beauty, i honestly don't enjoy going there anymore. The people are unfriendly and give off a gavin newsom "uggghh" vibe. gavin newsom on sacramento: “ugh, god.” - city insider they think their city is god's gift to man and are content with it's filthy sidewalks and crumbling infrastructure.

Really hoping that the snobby sf crowd takes newson's words to heart so that sac can remain in some sense "undiscovered". I'm not a stop person. I love the direction things are headed and look forward to having more tourists (smf + ski packages), big events (nba all star game), and the like, but would rather the snobs in the bay area stay put. Sac has a perfect balance of west coast/midwestern/weather/value/diverse/liberal/conservative that would be ruined by the sf mindset.
agree 100%!!!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:00 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,560,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananastar View Post
Yeah i dont agree with dc and hardfort ethier like seriousley
When you see the median incomes of employees working in the DC area then maybe you'll understand why

I still don't get this notion that DC is a bunch of unhappy mopes just slugging into work everyday at their unhappy jobs. It's actually a very desirable city/region to live, work, play, hence why it costs so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City