Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which metro area is a better place to live?
Phoenix 64 39.02%
Denver 100 60.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 04:55 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,944,080 times

Advertisements

The whole "moderate" or Libertarian/independent/third party ideology thing is complete baloney. It's a cop out for people who simply don't want to be associated with either Republicans or Democrats. As if a third party would somehow be magically better than the two major parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 05:01 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
The whole "moderate" or Libertarian/independent/third party ideology thing is complete baloney. It's a cop out for people who simply don't want to be associated with either Republicans or Democrats. As if a third party would somehow be magically better than the two major parties.
Yeah, because god forbid anyone had a moderate belief or independent thought that wasn't to the left of Fidel Castro or to the right of Atillah the Hun. We should all be like either Rush Limbaugh or Michael Moore. We're better off divided holding extreme left vs. right political views while listening to talking heads on the media to tell us how to think.

But it looks like your Denver vs. Phoenix thread is going really well so far. LOL.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 01-23-2015 at 05:12 PM..

Old 01-23-2015, 06:56 PM

245 posts, read 323,792 times
Quote:
Denver is winning in this poll for no apparent reason. Wtf?
Perhaps because Denver is a far superior city? But if you want cheaper living and a slower pace Phoenix is definitely a better option for you. Or maybe OKC or Albuquerque.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound41 View Post
Perhaps because Denver is a far superior city? But if you want cheaper living and a slower pace Phoenix is definitely a better option for you. Or maybe OKC or Albuquerque.
Yeah I've already determined that Phoenix would be better for me, personally. When I was in Denver back in 2012, I really felt like a misfit and didn't really like the vibe much. I don't like places that are "cool" or popular. I like places that are just....normal feeling. I don't care for nightlife, vibrancy, excitement, etc. I just want peace and quiet, an affordable house, car transit and less crowding.

OKC just sounds....meh. I spent a lot of time in ABQ and know for sure I wouldn't want to live there.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:38 PM

273 posts, read 349,860 times
Ask yourself this question, how many Super Bowls as Denver hosted and how many has Phoenix hosted? Phoenix will be hosting its third Super Bowl this year, while Denver has never hosted the Super Bowl. This tells you right here that the powers that be consider Phoenix far more desirable than cold , snowy, Denver in almost every possible metric used to determine desirability.

It's also quite unfair to consider little Denver with an estimated MSA population of 2.7 million to a monster of a metro like Phoenix with a population of 4.4 million people.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:55 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
Wow, so many posts itt are so full of lose.

Old 01-24-2015, 02:54 AM

43 posts, read 58,481 times
Phoenix

Old 01-24-2015, 03:20 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
I've spent quite a lot of tie in both cities and I own properties in Phoenix...even though I like Denver a lot, I prefer Phoenix due to the incredible winters there, low cost of housing, ease of travel in the metro area due to fantastic road system, the more relaxed vibe that you feel in Phoenix, and the number of good restaurants in Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:34 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,813,296 times
Quote:
Yeah I've already determined that Phoenix would be better for me, personally. When I was in Denver back in 2012, I really felt like a misfit and didn't really like the vibe much. I don't like places that are "cool" or popular. I like places that are just....normal feeling. I don't care for nightlife, vibrancy, excitement, etc. I just want peace and quiet, an affordable house, car transit and less crowding.

OKC just sounds....meh. I spent a lot of time in ABQ and know for sure I wouldn't want to live there.
So then move back to the suburbs of Hartford. You'll get all that and your pretty green deciduous trees among the rolling green hills that you like. You don't seem to care for any other type of topography, vegetation, or setting, and you're hyper sensitive to being culture shocked at anything that is different than New England, so why even bother looking beyond Connecticut?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
So then move back to the suburbs of Hartford. You'll get all that and your pretty green deciduous trees among the rolling green hills that you like. You don't seem to care for any other type of topography, vegetation, or setting, and you're hyper sensitive to being culture shocked at anything that is different than New England, so why even bother looking beyond Connecticut?
Because in central CT, the gay dating scene for singles in their 30s is very small and stale. I'd have to accept being single forever if I moved back there. I can't even begin to tell you how many young or gay people left CT. It's sad. And more importantly, the job market is not good for me. I'd basically have to work at an insurance company. I recently applied to jobs there and they all rejected me. It's not even a large enough metro to generate enough jobs and my occupation is specialized/specific. Contrary to what some may think on here, I am very much open to leaving CT. It's normal to compare places to your native home area. So please stop accusing me.

But with all that said, I would rather live in PHX than DEN. Even though the PHX metro is much bigger, it happens to be more laid back, which I prefer. And I could achieve home ownership in just 2 years from now. In Denver it would take me like 5 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City