Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:59 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times

Advertisements

Which city has the best nightlife?

LA has Hollywood, DTLA, etc

DC has Adams Morgan, K St, Georgetown, etc.

LA last call is 2am and DC it's 2am/3am.

DC metro runs until 3am on the weekends and LA until 2am.

Which city overall as the best nightlife to include nightclubs, bar districts, strip clubs, happy hours, lounge scene, mega clubs, after hour spots, etc? ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 10:59 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,990,420 times
Is this a joke?

Old 02-06-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamills21 View Post
Is this a joke?
You reppin LA but DC can compete even though I'm not a fan of it. The positives are just about all their nightlife is you can get to Adams Morgan, U St, H St, K st, etc all via the metro and it isnt spread out. The clubs are open an extra hour the weekend (3am) and the metro doesn't close until 3am. DC also might have a better happy hour scene

Old 02-06-2015, 05:22 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,348,951 times
DC can not compete as of now. This is not a good thread, and I'm from DC saying this.

Old 02-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
DC can not compete as of now. This is not a good thread, andying this.
In what areas? DC might win in African American nightlife, happy hour scene and connect ability. LA probably wins in other areas. Its not a slam dunk case like everyone assumes

Old 02-06-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
In what areas? DC might win in African American nightlife, happy hour scene and connect ability. LA probably wins in other areas. Its not a slam dunk case like everyone assumes
Yes, It really is a slam dunk. DC doesn't have the live music scene, comedy clubs, live shows, Art Events,free concerts etc... Let me know if you can find any free Mexican wrestling events in the DC area or Kpop shows or Magic Shows...etc.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:08 AM

[QUOTamills21;38329804]Yes, It really is a slam dunk. DC doesn't have the live music scene, comedy clubs, live shows, Art Events,free concerts etc... Let me know if you can find any free Mexican wrestling events in the DC area or Kpop shows or Magic Shows...etc.[/quote]

Live music they have Go Go bands but I agree with you with everything else. DC has a decent art scene

Last edited by afdinatl; 02-06-2015 at 08:24 AM..

Old 02-06-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, It really is a slam dunk. DC doesn't have the live music scene, comedy clubs, live shows, Art Events,free concerts etc... Let me know if you can find any free Mexican wrestling events in the DC area or Kpop shows or Magic Shows...etc.
Ok now you just sound ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about. DC has a live music scene.... I don't know where you got that from. DC created GoGo music which started off as live GoGo bands just till recently. DC has one of the biggest caribbean demographics and night life in the US. Many reggae live music clubs in DC and its surrounding areas. Live shows? DC has many live shows, do you mean concerts as in live shows or something else? DC has comedy clubs and art events.... I don't know where you got this information from but you look very misinformed. Free concerts..... Really. DC is known for free events, like our free muesems and FREE concerts. Concert for Valor just happened on Veterans Day, which was free and was on national television. Was one of the biggest free concerts in the US.

Concert for Valor: Watch Rihanna, Eminem, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica

Although I still think LA has a better night life. Not for the reasons you stated though which were total lies.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Ok now you just sound ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about. DC has a live music scene.... I don't know where you got that from. DC created GoGo music which started off as live GoGo bands just till recently. DC has one of the biggest caribean demographics and night life in the US. Many reggae live music clubs in DC and its surrounding areas. Live shows? DC has many live shows, do you mean concerts as in live shows or something else? DC has comedy clubs and art events.... I don't know where you got this information from but you look very misinformed. Free concerts..... Really. DC is known for free events, like our free muesems and FREE concerts. Concert for Valor just happened in months ago on Veterans Day, which was free and was on national television. Was one of the biggest free concerts in the US.

Concert for Valor: Watch Rihanna, Eminem, Bruce Springsteen, Metallica
I didn't mean that they didn't have all that stuff. But it's not up to par with LA...sry for the confusion.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I didn't mean that they didn't have all that stuff. But it's not up to par with LA...sry for the confusion.
Well the rest of your post was BS as well. You clearly have never been to DC before unless it was for a field trip in the 5th grade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City